Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I spoke to Theresa today and they are still a couple weeks out. There’s a few of us waiting on motors from jacos. When I ordered my 300r I was told that someone backed out so I’m wondering if more people are backing out .

2. Member
    I Paid in full for a 250 pro xs that was ordered on April 6th by Theresa at Jacos that still never came in. Luckily a member on here found me a 300r so I bought it. I was number 6 in line at jacos and she got 4 motors in and then 1 guy bought a 250r so I was number 1 in line. She told me I could have any motor I wanted that she got in(250 or 300 pro xs, 250 or 300r) or I could have my money back. Theresa is very helpful but I’m pretty sure her rep lies to her every week. She would tell me every week that the motor should be here in a couple of weeks(telling me what the rep told her). She even gave me the order number so I could call Mercury myself. I called and they basically told me to go F off. I was so aggravated I almost had my boat builder rip out all of my mercury controls and hang a Evinrude g2 on the back.

3. Member
    [QUOTE=vjohn05;9735197]I Paid in full for a 250 pro xs that was ordered on April 6th by Theresa at Jacos that still never came in. Luckily a member on here found me a 300r so I bought it. I was number 6 in line at jacos and she got 4 motors in and then 1 guy bought a 250r so I was number 1 in line. She told me I could have any motor I wanted that she got in(250 or 300 pro xs, 250 or 300r) or I could have my money back. Theresa is very helpful but I’m pretty sure her rep lies to her every week. She would tell me every week that the motor should be here in a couple of weeks(telling me what the rep told her). She even gave me the order number so I could call Mercury myself. I called and they basically told me to go F off. I was so aggravated I almost had my boat builder rip out all of my mercury controls and hang a Evinrude g2 on the back.[/QUOTE

I got the same response from Mercury.

4. Member
    No one can get these because of the JM companies. Just swing by the old Legend factory/oops...I mean new Triton factory and there are hundreds of new boats sitting outside with new Pro XS 4-stroke engines on them all. JM companies are buying everything and ruining the market for everyone else. Hence, that's just another reason to NEVER spend ANY of my $ on anything JM has his hands in/on.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

Quote Originally Posted by FastCat04 View Post
    No one can get these because of the JM companies. Just swing by the old Legend factory/oops...I mean new Triton factory and there are hundreds of new boats sitting outside with new Pro XS 4-stroke engines on them all. JM companies are buying everything and ruining the market for everyone else. Hence, that's just another reason to NEVER spend ANY of my $ on anything JM has his hands in/on.
    Drive by the factory (Triton, Ranger, or Nitro) & you'll see quite a few boats waiting on engines as well. It's about 50/50 on the boats that have engines & are compete waiting for delivery & boats waiting for engines to arrive

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I see there's a lot of you waiting for engines from a non-BBC sponsor. That's unfortunate... but as has been discussed, it's just what it is.

I can say that I've delivered all engines that I took deposits for in April and May... they're out with the customers for enjoyment.

Yes, that took a little extra work, and patience.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

You can't even get a Torquemaster II lower unit, 4-7 weeks on back order. I'm thinking of just selling my 2017 250 motor without the lower unit and getting the new 4 stroke.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    You can't even get a Torquemaster II lower unit, 4-7 weeks on back order. I'm thinking of just selling my 2017 250 motor without the lower unit and getting the new 4 stroke.
    Make sure you have one in-hand before you sell your current engine...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    Don how many loose 250 pro xs v8 have you delivered? Just curious.

thanks

chris

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCat04 View Post
    I'm honestly surprised you can buy a Triton or Ranger with another outboard besides Mercury.

11. Member
    Been waiting since June...... 200 Pro XS.

12. Banned
    We are getting a lot of our DTS engine orders filled. At least 7 out of 25 so far. Mechanical control engines are harder to come by. Only received 3 of them. Racing models are the easiest to get.

13. Member
    White River Marine Group, formally Tracker Marine Group, is Mercury's largest customer. Obviously they have priority when it comes to supply. No different than Skeeter, G3, etc. with Yamaha.

14. Banned
    Does anyone know why there's a design 1 and 2 intake on the V8? 2-piece and 1-piece is the difference

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    Does anyone know why there's a design 1 and 2 intake on the V8? 2-piece and 1-piece is the difference
    I assume you are referring to the Intake RUNNERS (there are different runners AND different ETC's for different engine HP/model configurations).

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    I assume you are referring to the Intake RUNNERS (there are different runners AND different ETC's for different engine HP/model configurations).
    No sir, the only model to my understanding with different length runners is the 300R. The 2-piece intake which is design 1 on the V8s has a cover that can be removed. Like some aftermarket automotive intakes do for porting, though I doubt that's what Mercury had in mind.

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, let's open a separate thread for that question- if you can reference an applicable serial number (or at the very least a complete model) that would help to locate the information you're asking about.

Admittedly, I had not yet noted the design change (but haven't had reason to change any intake runners, either).

18. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    Don how many loose 250 pro xs v8 have you delivered? Just curious.

thanks

chris
    ?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you would, let's open a separate thread for that question- if you can reference an applicable serial number (or at the very least a complete model) that would help to locate the information you're asking about.

Admittedly, I had not yet noted the design change (but haven't had reason to change any intake runners, either).
    10-4, just noticed when looking at parts diagram of the v8 models.

20. Member
    Jasper Outboard has 2 250's and 1 225.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast