Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

software update 1.84

updated my Helix 10 G2 Mega SI on Saturday, 9/30. Update went fine, software load indicated on self test screen. All the new changes were installed. Fished a tournament the next day, expecting the the 2d to work better and had the same issues of the depth reading jumping all around. Left everything on default to start the day, then tried to adjust things like Max depth, and depth source, but was unable to correct it. Took some screen shots of the depth readings, tried to upload but file was to large, anyway depth read 540 ft, 1077 ft, etc. Anybody else have trouble with the update? Not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Bob

2. Member
    Just updated my 9 MDI and now every time i-Pilot links up with the unit the unit shuts off and restarts. Should have not updated

3. Member
    Did you reset factory defaults before and after doing updates?

4. Member
    Dirt track mind doing same thing. First day out with it since the update,got bad news.
    LittleJohn
    Remember Jesus loves you

5. Member
    Yea, i should have done more research before updating. I see on Facebook a lot of users are having the same problem. HB is supposedly working on a fix but have no time frame. I’m just glad i noticed what my bow unit was doing before i updated my other 2 Mega 9’s at console. I plan to reinstall 1.64 and wait for a fix for 1.84

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt track View Post
    Just updated my 9 MDI and now every time i-Pilot links up with the unit the unit shuts off and restarts. Should have not updated
    I had the same problem with version 1.83 and a H10 SI Gen1 model. When I called today on it they said they haven't had any prior reports. I was told not to revert back to 1.64 but apparently that wasn't true either as I've seen a couple of posts where people have done it. Didn't have the same problem with the H12 model. When I turned off the TM, it began working so seemed obvious there was a software bug...which they never have...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

7. Member
    Yep. If my TM is off, my HB works fine. I can unplug the Ethernet cable and it works fine but that defeats the purpose of the reason i bought the ipilot link. I have also seen several post from users that HB told them not to revert back to 1.64, that it could cause damage to the unit but they reverted back anyway and everything works as normal. My 1.64 download is on my daughters computer so i have to wait till she comes home from college before i can get the software.

8. Member
    Update coming in June 2020. Still waiting for my $2400 Solix to tell me the right depth!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 170xped View Post
    Did you reset factory defaults before and after doing updates?
    I reset factory defaults before the update, as per the instructions on the download page. It mentions doing the restore before uploading the new software as well as disconnecting additional devices, which I did as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blue392 View Post
    I reset factory defaults before the update, as per the instructions on the download page. It mentions doing the restore before uploading the new software as well as disconnecting additional devices, which I did as well.

Did you do the Restore Defaults AFTER the software was installed?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    [QUOTE=Wayne P.;9702340]Did you do the Restore Defaults AFTER the software was installed?[/QUO I guess, since it wasnt mentioned in the instructions, I didnt do it after installing the software. If thats the problem, could I just do a restore defaults now, or does it have to be immediately after the update? Thanks Wayne.
    Bob

12. Member
    You can do it now. In fact anytime things don't act right it's a good option to try. Restore defaults, then power cycle the unit again.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    You can do it now. In fact anytime things don't act right it's a good option to try. Restore defaults, then power cycle the unit again.
    I tried that several times last night and it did not fix my problem

On a helix 7 di GPS g2. I have humminbird xtm 9 25t. What transducer do I select in the settings?
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    On a helix 7 di GPS g2. I have humminbird xtm 9 25t. What transducer do I select in the settings?
    None, it is no different than the transom transducer——DI 200/455 kHz is default.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drawde View Post
    Update coming in June 2020. Still waiting for my $2400 Solix to tell me the right depth!
    got to say I am now very happy with my solix units as they work fine since I followed the advice here which was mainly turning off all global settings
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

It will still allow me to use 800mhz?
    " A Few Good Fish"

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    It will still allow me to use 800mhz?
    Down Imaging is not affected by the 2D sonar frequencies.
    The two trolling motor pucks are tuned to different 2D frequencies, nothing changes with DI---455/800 kHz.

XNT 9 DI T is the transom DI transducer for non MEGA units.
    XTM 9 DI 25 T is the trolling motor puck with the same performance as the transom transducer, just a different shape.
    XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T is the trolling motor puck tuned for 83/200 kHz 2D sonar, same DI as the other two.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Thanks Wayne
    " A Few Good Fish"

20. Member
    I have not had the great experience I was hoping for when I replaced the 998 on the bow with a Helix 10 DI Chirp Mega GPS G2N. I can barely see my 1/2 oz spoon in 2D while vertical spooning in both old and new software releases. In v1.84, the 2D screen “flips” or “blinks” back and forth ocassionally, screen changes from 2D to Nav when I pull trolling motor out of the water and the Helix doesn’t like being networked with the 998 on the console. It locked my 998 up hard today. Thought it had “bricked” the 998. Had to shut down the Helix and reboot the 998 three times before it finally recovered. Don’t know why a new HB unit can’t work nicely with an older HB unit like my 998 over ethernet. 2D seems to work OK if I turn off Chirp. Works OK if I turn off Sonar on the 998 before putting my trolling motor in the water.

With Chirp left on for the bow Helix using the MDI xdcr while the 998 on console is using the transom HDSI xdcr, fish show up great on the 998 and the 998 Fish alarms are sounding off. But the fish on the Helix are all showing up at a depth of zero at the very top of the screen. Don’t understand this. Guess I’ll have to point the network tab on both units to the 998 xdcr on the transom and turn Chirp off to get these two to cooperate well, thus downgrading the Helix to emulating, in effect, a 998.

Wayne, I tried to post a pic in response to your PM, showing what my spoon looks like from my Helix, but since upgrading my iPad to the latest software yesterday, I am unable to post any images except from a URL. My pics are on my iPad. Not a good day technically for me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast