Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    When you don't have a transducer connected, you should turn Sonar OFF. Then you get the menus when the unit recognizes the Ethernet connection.
    Thanks Wayne, that seems to work! I used to have Sonar OFF before the update, and when I was restoring all my settings, it seemed like it wouldn't let me turn it off, or the maybe option didn't show. It's OK now though.

at what point do we all just say FU Humminbird and demand something in return? Really pissed me off they came out with G3 and we all havent even been able to use our G2's correctly....and we are just talking about getting DEPTH here. My god.

3. Member
    Be nice to have a fully functioning 360 still waiting on a patch. I’d love to have a g 3 but hb would go broke doing that.

4. Member
    Yes I want 360 and 2d to work as they should
    Nitro z21

5. Member
    I messed my Mega Si G2N during update and and getting the reboot when I-pilot finally connects, where can I get the software 1.640 software to downgrade then correct my mistake?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    If you are getting the reboot with the new software, try this fix:

Reinstall the previous software version you had.
    With the older software installed:
    Go to Main Menu/Accessories/ I-Pilot Settings/ Auto Upload Data and turn that OFF.
    Then re-install the new software. You can use Auto Upload ON or OFF after that.

6. Member
    Found them, worked perfectly, thanks Wayne!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace7777 View Post
    I messed my Mega Si G2N during update and and getting the reboot when I-pilot finally connects, where can I get the software 1.640 software to downgrade then correct my mistake?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Eric

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt track View Post
    Yep. If my TM is off, my HB works fine. I can unplug the Ethernet cable and it works fine but that defeats the purpose of the reason i bought the ipilot link. I have also seen several post from users that HB told them not to revert back to 1.64, that it could cause damage to the unit but they reverted back anyway and everything works as normal. My 1.64 download is on my daughters computer so i have to wait till she comes home from college before i can get the software.
    IMPORTANT NOTICE

If you are networking your HELIX with an i-Pilot Link and have the Auto Upload Data feature turned ON, please read and follow these instructions carefully before updating to HELIX software version 1.830 or 1.840:

1. Before updating software, turn OFF Auto Upload Data by making the following menu selections: Main Menu > Accessories > i-Pilot Link Settings > Auto Upload Data > OFF
    2. Upgrade to 1.830 or 1.840 by clicking the link below.
    3. Once you have completed the update to 1.830 or 1.840 you can now turn Auto Upload Data back to ON.

If these instructions are not followed, connecting to an i-Pilot Link can cause the HELIX unit to restart.

Once you have completed step 1, click HERE.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEV View Post
    IMPORTANT NOTICE

If you are networking your HELIX with an i-Pilot Link and have the Auto Upload Data feature turned ON, please read and follow these instructions carefully before updating to HELIX software version 1.830 or 1.840:

1. Before updating software, turn OFF Auto Upload Data by making the following menu selections: Main Menu > Accessories > i-Pilot Link Settings > Auto Upload Data > OFF
    2. Upgrade to 1.830 or 1.840 by clicking the link below.
    3. Once you have completed the update to 1.830 or 1.840 you can now turn Auto Upload Data back to ON.

If these instructions are not followed, connecting to an i-Pilot Link can cause the HELIX unit to restart.

Once you have completed step 1, click HERE.

an alternative way to address to auto upload setting is to boot the unit up in simulator mode and turn it off while in simulator mode, then reboot
    2016 Tracker pro team 175txw 75hp 4 stroke
    helix 12 si console helix 10 di and helix 10 si bow and ulterra 80 i-pilot link and transom 360 and Garmin 126sv and Livescope

9. Member
    I believe this applies to updating software on the i-Pilot as well. Turn off auto update on your Helix.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345