Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bamacat View Post
    Also, my DI brightness is just not right. It is dark and I have adjusted the contract and tried different color palettes. Any idea of that issue. The SI is just fine. The unit is a G2N 12 and it is shares waypoints to the bow with my G1 10 SI/DI unit.
    There is a Sensitivity setting issue due to the expanded range of -10 to 20. It doesn't match the Enhance Sensitivity range. Don't remember anyone mentioning a dark issue though.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    So installed 1.83 on my gen 1 di 9. I don’t have the di installed I just have 2d going through us2. And it worked amazing today. So that you know I did a reset after the install.

Quote Originally Posted by fish_finder1 View Post
    So installed 1.83 on my gen 1 di 9. I don’t have the di installed I just have 2d going through us2. And it worked amazing today. So that you know I did a reset after the install.
    Did you change the Connected Transducer setting to Generic 83/200 kHz?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Fished for 2 solid days and only got aggravated by the fact that after awhile you couldn't mark waypoints from any of the sonar screens.
    Pressing the directional button only gave the reject beeping sound.
    Tried a few things but rebooting seemed to be the only temporary fix and not sure what is causing it yet.

Also couldn't get the full 360 view to come up but always had the 360/map combo view.
    After deploying 360 from the map combo view, then the full screen 360 view shows up.

Always something new with each update...
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

5. Member
    Yeah Wayne I did

6. Member
    Went out again today they definitely detuned these units at least with the 360. Everything else worked great but not sure I like how the 360 is detuned. Fished a area that always required me to run sensitivity under 5 but today I had to run it around 17 to get a decent reading. Seems I lose a lot of crisp picture after about 40’
    Nitro z21

7. Member
    Has anyone noticed after installing 1.84 that it takes quite a bit longer for the unit to regain the sonar (DI & SI) signal after you take off and sit back down? Was much better on the previous code set.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayg4 View Post
    Has anyone noticed after installing 1.84 that it takes quite a bit longer for the unit to regain the sonar (DI & SI) signal after you take off and sit back down? Was much better on the previous code set.

Who cares if it could regain the signal faster - it was always wrong! Lol

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Went out again today they definitely detuned these units at least with the 360. Everything else worked great but not sure I like how the 360 is detuned. Fished a area that always required me to run sensitivity under 5 but today I had to run it around 17 to get a decent reading. Seems I lose a lot of crisp picture after about 40’
    It’s a good thing you can run at 17 . Wait till you need it below ten and you realize it doesn’t work. New updates is about useless for me

10. Member
    That would be unfortunate. I need my SI and 2D signal as soon as I slow down. If I test the new update and don't like it, is it too risky to revert back to the prior version, and where would I obtain the prior version (Helix 10 G1 SI unit and sonar-only unit)?

Have you set the Max Depth to a little more than the depth you will be navigating on?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Yes I did realize 1-10 does nothing. The way they detuned the sensitivity though I don’t think I’ll ever need under 15. I was fishing concrete and steel sea walls. As I said I use to need to run extremely low sensitivity but now it’s almost not enough sensitivity
    Nitro z21

13. Solix 10 Gen3 DI+/SI+
    I have my MEGA G2NL SI unit running on the correct Y cable and now wonder if the issue of loosing bottom is my bilge 2 D transducer. It's been working great on the other birds that I have had in the last couple of years. I guess the old standard round transducer puck with the y cable will handle all this new CHIRP/MEGA signal. Would that be an issue? I have not seen any talk of a special bilge transducer.

Quote Originally Posted by bamacat View Post
    I have my MEGA G2NL SI unit running on the correct Y cable and now wonder if the issue of loosing bottom is my bilge 2 D transducer. It's been working great on the other birds that I have had in the last couple of years. I guess the old standard round transducer puck with the y cable will handle all this new CHIRP/MEGA signal. Would that be an issue? I have not seen any talk of a special bilge transducer.
    IF you have a 83/200 kHz shoot-thru, then its 2D crystal is the same as the one in the MEGA SI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Have you set the Max Depth to a little more than the depth you will be navigating on?
    I have not tend to stay pretty close to factory outside of Color schemes and such...will give that a shot next time out.

16. Member
    So, have they fixed the bugs in the newest update yet? I want to update my units so I can have the map, SI and DI screen that was supposedly added with the update.

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    So, have they fixed the bugs in the newest update yet? I want to update my units so I can have the map, SI and DI screen that was supposedly added with the update.
    Don't see any new software updates released above version 1.840. You can check the Humminbird website for your unit.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

18. Member
    Gotcha. So, it will be a different version and not just a correction to 1.84.

19. Member
    Another bug, originally introduced in version 1.64 and not fixed in version 1.83 on the Helix 10 Gen 1 and maybe others: In the sonar zoom view, you cannot turn off or control the RTS window. It shows even if you don't want it, taking up screen space.

Also after updating to 1.83, when booting up my two networked Helix 10 units and letting them settle down and share sonar, the unit not connected to the transducer does not have a sonar main menu tab; it only has a sonar x-press menu. I have to reboot that unit before it will display the main sonar menu. (My network setup is set to share sonar as before.)

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Another bug, originally introduced in version 1.64 and not fixed in version 1.83 on the Helix 10 Gen 1 and maybe others: In the sonar zoom view, you cannot turn off or control the RTS window. It shows even if you don't want it, taking up screen space.

Also after updating to 1.83, when booting up my two networked Helix 10 units and letting them settle down and share sonar, the unit not connected to the transducer does not have a sonar main menu tab; it only has a sonar x-press menu. I have to reboot that unit before it will display the main sonar menu. (My network setup is set to share sonar as before.)
    When you don't have a transducer connected, you should turn Sonar OFF. Then you get the menus when the unit recognizes the Ethernet connection.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast