Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I was at the dock today trying my Solix 10. When I tried to see my chart it started with a location in FLorida I think. I went up the chart to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and found my location but the screen showed no mapping, only an orange screen with my boat location. Reset to factory defaults and there was no change. Voltage was 12.1. How many updates are needed to fix an original software problem? Helix have been out for a year , they finally send an update and it breaks something else.

You have to run the unit in Normal instead of Simulator to show your location.
    Did you install current software and the Humminbird Basemap?

Helix unit’s have been on the market for about four years. There are first generation, G2, and G2N versions.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    How did y’all revert back to 1.64. I’ve tried the download I used back in August and my unit will not recognize it. Anyone have the 1.64 download for a 9MDI they would like to share

4. Member
    Thanks Wayne, I went out yesterday and it worked fine. Sitting at the dock had no LiveChart recording because I always quit recording as I was docking.

5. Member
    My first experience this morning with 1.84 for my Helix 12 GN2. Went to factory defaults as instructed.

1. No more double bottoms in less than 15 ft. with factory settings and all in auto depth mode. It does appear HB toned down the sonar way down which is I guess what they had to do to prevent the false depth readings.

2. Initially started out in 10ft this morning. Noticed I was only getting my 360 in the split combo view. Tried everything to get back to the 360 only view, rebooted both 360 and the Helix. Check views and settings. No go. Then I moved out to 30 ft about an hour later, boom the 360 only view was back and never disappeared again.

3. Here's the somewhat weird one but I guess falls in line which the shallow depth fix. I've had RFI when the TM is spinning on the DI since my installation last year. Previously, it was worst when shallow >15ft and still present when deeper but not as nearly as strong. Now, the RFI is gone completely from the DI when less than 25 ft. When I go back out to more than about 25 ft. the RFI returns like before. Once it gets cooler here I will try again to eliminate the RFI completely.

All told, I'm happy with my update. Instead of adjusting the sensitivity downward as before I now go in the opposite direction with plenty of room left over.

6. Member
    I was hoping they would give us some more sentivity range on the 360 to but to no avail.

7. Member
    What I'm gathering regarding the 360 views is they work, eventually, you just have to wait it out?
    Anyone running ipilot and not having reboot issues?
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    What I'm gathering regarding the 360 views is they work, eventually, you just have to wait it out?
    Anyone running ipilot and not having reboot issues?
    If you are getting the reboot with the new software, try this fix:

Reinstall the previous software version you had.
    With the older software installed:
    Go to Main Menu/Accessories/ I-Pilot Settings/ Auto Upload Data and turn that OFF.
    Then re-install the new software. You can use Auto Upload ON or OFF after that.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    For me, I had the 360 / Map combo view working the whole time. At first I did kind of panic when I couldn't get to the full 360 screen having read here that others were by not seeing it.

I have an Ultrex with the Ipilot Link but not using it as I don't have the ethernet switch. Just a direct connection between the Helix and 360. Should have also mentioned I have the extra shielded TM ducer with a DI model Helix 12.

Waiting to see what's being offered before thinking about my console units.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Kboater View Post
    For me, I had the 360 / Map combo view working the whole time. At first I did kind of panic when I couldn't get to the full 360 screen having read here that others were by not seeing it.

I have an Ultrex with the Ipilot Link but not using it as I don't have the ethernet switch. Just a direct connection between the Helix and 360. Should have also mentioned I have the extra shielded TM ducer with a DI model Helix 12.

Waiting to see what's being offered before thinking about my console units.
    If you’re running standalone like me what you need to do is first turn on your 360 give it a couple minutes and then turn on your helix give it a few minutes it’ll boot up. when I do it that way from the warning screens it takes less than a minute for my helix mega g2n to find it and the full 360 view shows. As a side note make sure you have no old updates on the cards. For some reason when I did it , it slowed the pairing of the two wayyy down or the unit would do something quirky . This is how Wayne told me to do the start up and it works like a champ since the update .
    Last edited by Wallace; 10-05-2018 at 04:35 PM.

11. Member
    So our last known bug is don't use SI enhance screen to adjust sensitivity?
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]

12. Member
    Hate to say it.but found another bug . My 360 Sensitivity only works from 10 to 20 from 10 to 0 the slider will move all the way down but it doesn’t change what’s on the screen.:-( And I have reset the defaults and everything else to try to correct it nothing seem to correct it . I’m also getting the jumpy depth still . Not like it was but..... also the di sensitivity is also screwy . Damn!:-(
    I love my helix but i’m either getting really tired of resetting the defaults or really good at remembering all my settings and is getting frustrating. I’ve already let customer service know

13. Member
    Are all of these software problems only happening with units that are networked together? Are there any reported software problems with stand alone units that are NOT networked together? I am considering buying a Helix 10 SI G2N before next spring, and it won't be connected to any other devices, but now I'm having second thoughts about buying one until the software issues are fixed.

Edit to say that I will only be using the transom mount transducer that is included with the unit. No 360, trolling motor or anything else.

14. Member
    IT is advised that all peripherals be disconnected when performing the update. I disconnected my Ethernet and Ipilot Link prior to upgrading. I am not seeing any of the problems I am hearing on these threads. Could it be that simple in your case?

15. Banned
    My 2 units work much better after the updates but they are not quite perfect. They will be good enough if I don’t find any hidden issues so my fingers are crossed.

16. Member
    No , I run a stand-alone 360 and a helix 10 mega g2n . I’ve done updates more times than I can remember . I follow all the directions. I have a link but have not and will not hook it in till The wiring is done and this is sorted out. I’ll just go back to 1.640 it was pretty stable

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    No , I run a stand-alone 360 and a helix 10 mega g2n . I’ve done updates more times than I can remember . I follow all the directions. I have a link but have not and will not hook it in till The wiring is done and this is sorted out. I’ll just go back to 1.640 it was pretty stable
    Yeah, all except for the awesome depth readings. Lol

18. Member
    Before doing the update, should we be disconnecting all accessories from the unit, like even the transducer and GPS/heading sensor puck? Seems like Humminbird warns us to disconnect stuff, but do they mean everything except power?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Before doing the update, should we be disconnecting all accessories from the unit, like even the transducer and GPS/heading sensor puck? Seems like Humminbird warns us to disconnect stuff, but do they mean everything except power?
    I do not disconnect the GPS or ducer, but I do disconnect all other stuff that is network connected - including other graphs.

20. Member
    Updated all units yesterday. Turned Auto Upload Off in ipilot settings prior and had no issues.
    Had the boat out on the water all night and didn't have any problems but didn't use the 360, although the views were there.

I don't disconnect anything but rather only power up one unit at a time when updating, and leave the trolling motor off entirely.

Found out the Helix 10 GPS SD card for screenshots was corrupt, couldn't save my waypoints & tracks, kept saying export failed. That might also explain why that unit has been acting up. It seemed to struggle to read the map card in the other slot every time I powered up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast