Columbia Drainmaker IV Water Shoes

I have tried a ton of different water shoes for my needs of fishing, kayaking, and just general outdoor wear. The problem I have had is that no one shoe has impressed me and each have had there very real flaws. Sandals are cool and dry quick, but did not protect my foot from sharp rocks when wading or kayaking....they also left a funky tan line on my feet from the openings...LOL. I have tried other cheap types of water shoes, and they worked ok, but still they were not the most comfortable, and began falling apart after a few wears. Other shoes have been comfortable, but let rocks and sand into the shoe, which need to be emptied constantly. Overall like I said, I have been through alot of shoes...so I gave these Columbia Drainmakers a try, and they have been everything the other shoes have not been IMO. I know alot of other anglers out there have the same issues with water shoes as I have in the past, so I just wanted to share.
    In no way am I sponsored or paid to review these shoes, heck I paid full price in the spring, and now they are discounted for the end of the year....I did get another pair though at the discounted price. Overall I have just been extremely pleased with these shoes.
    Anyone else here wear them, or have another highly recommended show they wear on or in the water?

Last edited by 1Cast 1Fish; 10-01-2018 at 02:38 PM.

2. Banned
    Been looking for a good shoe. Thanks for the review. Going online to check them out now.

Thanks for sharing the review!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

Great shoes! I have three pair that I alternate. My old favorites Drainmaker II are probably five years old. I can't get my new Drainmaker IV's broken in good because I won't quit wearing the old ones. The other Columbias are like deck shoes. I keep those clean...they're my "dress" sneakers.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

5. Member
    Excellent job with the video review.

6. Member
    I had a pair of the original Drainmakers and I wore holes in them! I loved them. Wish they made a larger variety of colors like they used to.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

Good to see others have had the same experiences as I have with these as well...I have 2 pairs now. They are definitely one shoe I have found to actually be worth the money. Glad others have enjoyed the review