Deep Fried Snakehead

I have had a ton of people ask me about if Snakeheads are edible and the best ways to prepare them...so I started a video series that will show the various ways that I know to prepare this ugly, but tasty fish. When you look at a Snakehead you don't think that it would be a very mild, white, firm, and flaky meat, with no fishy after taste at all. There a variety of great way to prepare Snakeheads, but in this video, I will show one of my favorite and simplest methods...deep fried.

Ingredients: Bread Crumbs, Cornmeal, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Egg, and some Hot Sauce

Hope you enjoy and give this fish a try if you have the opportunity..you will be surprised how good it is.
    Also please feel free to share any recipes you have for snakeheads

2. Member

The thing that amazes me about the snakeheads on the Potomac and elsewhere north of Southern Fl, is that I live here in central Fl and we don't have them.
    I've never caught one or heard anyone catching them. Bowfin....sure, totally different animal though.
    Question everything!

Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post

The thing that amazes me about the snakeheads on the Potomac and elsewhere north of Southern Fl, is that I live here in central Fl and we don't have them.
    I've never caught one or heard anyone catching them. Bowfin....sure, totally different animal though.
    I thought they were throughout Florida at this point...interesting to know. Yeah they are very different from Bowfin for sure...could never imaging eating some Bowfin...LOL

4. Member
    Bowfin looks no worse than a catfish, which are pretty dang yummy

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC