Blazer jack plate opinions

I am looking to purchase a hydraulic Jack Plate and wanted to get some opinions on the subject.

I currently own a 2005 Blazer 190 ProV with an Optimax 225. I now have a 10 inch manual Hi-Jacker plate, but I need to get out to 14 inches of setback. I think I have two approaches to obtain this, keep the current 10" manual and add a 4" Atlas hydraulic plate, or trash the manual and buy a 14 in hydraulic.

I am not very familiar with hydraulic plates and really do not know which would be best, I only know which would be cheaper.

Can you guys give me some feedback and tell me why I wouldn't want to just buy the 4 inch Atlas. Also, is Atlas the recommended choice?

Brad

2. Member
    I cant tell you which way would be better for the 14" setback, there are many different ways. however nothing against Atlas, never had one, But I have always been a Bob's machine person. i have had great luck with them.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Adding a 4in Hydro plate is the easiest way to go. As far as brands, I've both an Atlas and a Bobs on a Blazer I didn't see much difference at all. Its really your preference.

4. Member
    I’d go with a 4” sea star hydraulic which used to be ditweiler.

Steven Eversole, KY
    BLAZER 202 PRO V / MARINER 225 SUPER MAG