Lake Gaston over the weekend (good story)

I finally went down to the lake over the weekend. I had not been there in about 3 weeks, so grass needed cutting, cleanup after all the rain, and needed to do a little fishing. My brother and I took the kids and headed down Friday after school. We get to the lake right at dark and got the boat in the water. We clean the dock up and uncover the pontoon boat to get it ready for the early morning bite. The next morning we meet at the dock at 6:15am. My brother and his son get some tackle, rods and reels together and jump on the pontoon. My son and I get on the bass boat. I ask my brother (Larry) where is he going to go. I am trying to be nice since his options are limited due to fishing out of a 24ft pontoon with a 90hp motor on it. He tells me he is going to a little hotspot of ours only 3 minutes from the house. So I get in my fancy bass boat and head off to one of my sons favorite spots. Within 5 minutes my son gets a vicious blowup on a buzz bait. About 5 minutes later I get a blow up on a walking bait. I am thinking yea this is gonna be good. Now my phone goes off Larry caught one about 14". A few minutes later Larry text me again a short and one about 13". Then I get a text I got a good one come over here and weigh it. He forgot he had a scale on the boat and it weighed 4lb 6oz. So we come back to the house around 10 or so and he ended up catching about 8 fish with one being the 4lb 6oz and a 3lber and a couple 2lbers. My son and I had caught nothing.

We went back out in the evening for a couple hours and Larry went to the same place and caught 4 total fish, the biggest being 3lb 6oz and 1 about 3 lbs. Once again my boat caught nothing. After getting dinner the kids said they were tired and did not want to fish Sunday morning. So Larry and I were going to take the bass boat out Sunday morning to the same place.

We get to the spot Sunday morning and throw and throw and throw and nothing. We hit some other hotspots and nothing. So I managed to end up the weekend with 1 8" bass, while Larry ended up in one day catching a 16lb limit in a spot of about 20 acres.

Larry made me post this due to my azzwhipping by the pontoon boat. Hopefully it is better next time (for me). Congrats Larry on a great day.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

2. Member
    Some days your are the hammer....some days you are nail!

3. Member
    Ain't that the truth!!!
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

4. Member
    I'm sick of being the nail
    Semper Fi

5. Member
    We know your the HAmmer most the time!

6. Member
    Nice report