Thread: THE END

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Banned
    Funny, I thought Mercury had went out of business. Rarely see one anymore.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howkitz View Post
    mercury marine's new V8 just ended life for all other outboards in their current form for the bass boat market.
    G2 is done. no hope.
    Yamaha can recover if they get rid of the bathtub cowl.
    Huh?
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Weird that this post is almost a year old and they are selling SHOs so fast that they cannot keep up with demand. Guess no one got that memo that Yamaha was out of business.

4. Member
    I've owned Yamaha, Evinrude, Johnson, Mercury and back in the day owned a Chrysler. Had 1 4-stroke Yamaha. Solid as a rock.
    I prefer Yamaha for dependability and performance. Some prefer other brands. Your mileage may vary!

5. Member
    I have not had a Mercery four stroke out run my boat yet.....it will happen one day but so far with no upgrades or flashes and a tournament load out I am topping 84 mph gps in great conditions with my Bass Cat Eyra and Yamaha SHO. i can hit 80 in less than 31 seconds and have the video to back it up. Hot weather does slow me down a bit but I do not have a problem running 80 on top end in any weather. Yamaha is going no where and i welcome the Mercury to provide competition to make both companies better.

Tight lines
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    I have not had a Mercery four stroke out run my boat yet.....it will happen one day but so far with no upgrades or flashes and a tournament load out I am topping 84 mph gps in great conditions with my Bass Cat Eyra and Yamaha SHO. i can hit 80 in less than 31 seconds and have the video to back it up. Hot weather does slow me down a bit but I do not have a problem running 80 on top end in any weather. Yamaha is going no where and i welcome the Mercury to provide competition to make both companies better.

Tight lines
    I have a Cougar with a new mercury on it and videos of it pushing it 86 with me in it and all my tournament gear. Stock motor, stock prop, just rigged to drive

7. Member
    Jordan.....that is freaking hauling the mail!!!! And exactly what I am talking about...good competition between major brands. I am going to get another Eyra in 2021 and I am currently undecided on the engine I will put on the the back. I have even started researching the 300R. Time will tell. Congrats on a strong motor and great driving skills.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Jordan.....that is freaking hauling the mail!!!! And exactly what I am talking about...good competition between major brands. I am going to get another Eyra in 2021 and I am currently undecided on the engine I will put on the the back. I have even started researching the 300R. Time will tell. Congrats on a strong motor and great driving skills.
    I was really considering a Sho when I went to repower my cougar, I've always been a mercury guy but with mercury so far out on motors i started looking around. Then I found a guy in Kentucky with a 4s pro xs in stock and I loaded up and went and got it. It's been one hell of a motor. I'm at 100 hours now and I've had it since January

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    Ha ha, that bathtub cowl looks way better than Mercurys' mohawk cowl.
    And the mercury cowling is much bigger. So if storage length is an issue measure first. The merc cowling is 3.5” wider (deeper front to back) than the SHO.

Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    Ha ha, that bathtub cowl looks way better than Mercurys' mohawk cowl.
    Said no one. LOL, just kidding, don’t take it literally. I do love my Pro XS though.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

11. Member
    Elwood what prop are u running on your cat sho combo .

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Where did they shed those pounds? That's the longevity question. Thinner blocks, rods, pistons?
    BINGO! First thing that popped into my head. A light weight race engine is designed for and only lasts for "X" amount of time before it's trashed. How many "races" will this one last before it's end of service life? They putting a 10 year warranty on it? I don't have a dog in this hunt but I smell trouble.

13. Member
    SKennedy.....I am running a 26 T2 in the summer and a 27 T2 in the winter months.

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dentpusher View Post
    BINGO! First thing that popped into my head. A light weight race engine is designed for and only lasts for "X" amount of time before it's trashed. How many "races" will this one last before it's end of service life? They putting a 10 year warranty on it? I don't have a dog in this hunt but I smell trouble.
    The new mercury's are aluminum blocks and a lot of the components are carbon fiber and titanium

15. David Evans
    Don’t be surprised within the next few years that electric outboards will be in place.

I have an '09 250 SHO. Runs great, nuff said

17. Member
    Ironic how similar the new Merc cowl is to the G2 and everyone said the G2 was hideous but on a Merc, it's a thing of beauty...

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Why did they make it a v8 when the same power can be made in a v6 with less moving parts and less expense? Anyone know?
    I had a SHO on my last boat and loved it. The Merc V8 sells for $17K and the SHO sells for $21K. The 8 year warranty on the Merc cost me $3400.00 on my new boat and so far I think I made the right move going with the Merc

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Quote Originally Posted by howkitz View Post
    mercury marine's new V8 just ended life for all other outboards in their current form for the bass boat market.
    G2 is done. no hope.
    Yamaha can recover if they get rid of the bathtub cowl.

Joke of the year. ^^^

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567