Thread: THE END

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Personally I can’t wait to see four 300Rs on the back of a big ass Contender! Rising water raises all boats right? Competition is a good thing for the consumer. I don’t think anyone is going anywhere. Get out of the U.S. and you will see a lot of Suzukis pushing panga boats around.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howkitz View Post
    mercury marine's new V8 just ended life for all other outboards in their current form for the bass boat market.
    G2 is done. no hope.
    Yamaha can recover if they get rid of the bathtub cowl.
    Sometimes trolling won't catch anything, other times you can load the boat. By the looks of this thread you got your limit and culled a few.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    I'm going to say the g2's aren't going anywhere for a while with a ten year warranty!
    The only reason anyone would even consider buying one.

Bill

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    The only reason anyone would even consider buying one.

Bill
    I'd call it Confidence in your product....J/S

5. Member
    Thought you guys were smart enuf to know when you’ve been “trolled”. You’ve not only taken his bait, you’ve taken his hook, line and sinker!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    You can't power a bass boat with an unfilled order receipt.
    Well played sir

7. Derek McCullough
    Some of the comments here are dumb. I have a SHO and love it, but the G2 is a bad ass motor too, it's the fastest out of the hole of any outboards on the market right now. I have a lot of fishing buddies and I have seen more issues with Mercury motors than anything else other than years ago when the Ficht came out. Most are small issues like compressors and fuel rails but I have seen a lot of newer (less than 2 years old) Mercury's go in and out of the shop. As for this new engine being the death of Yamaha.....HAHA Yamaha probably out sells Mercury 2 to 1 world wide, if not more.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I'll take the mohawk over the Kim Jong Un haircut everyday...

That is hilarious! I want one of those new Mercs and with the built in steering.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    I'd call it Confidence in your product....J/S
    I agree with that. I never could understand people who say the only reason they give a long warranty is because the product is no good. That is just ass backward.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    Sometimes trolling won't catch anything, other times you can load the boat. By the looks of this thread you got your limit and culled a few.
    Now that’s funny I don’t care who ya Are !!!

11. Member
    ok, anybody else convinced yet?
    v8s are out selling all other brands combined by 100 to 1 at my local dealer.
    only people buying brp are diehard omc papaws and a few tourney fishermen that want the extra cash that brp pays for a high tourney finish.
    when ef hutton speaks...you should listen...lol

Just remember Merc is 8-9 years behind Yamaha. The SHO has been around 9 Years and Merc just now caught up. Yamaha will develop a new engine sooner than later. You can say the optimax was comparable to the SHO for those 9 years but lets compare those oil receipts over 9 years.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    I wonder how many Mercury fanboys that are touting this new V-8 drive a Ecoboost engine...
    you mean drive a prius
    Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Yatesville Junkie View Post
    Just remember Merc is 8-9 years behind Yamaha. The SHO has been around 9 Years and Merc just now caught up. Yamaha will develop a new engine sooner than later. You can say the optimax was comparable to the SHO for those 9 years but lets compare those oil receipts over 9 years.
    I don’t get why people feel oil usage is a meaningful comparison. All outboards have some sort of a cost associated with oil. Is one more than the others? Probably. Is it at all meaningful in the cost of ownership of a bass boat? Nope.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

15. Member
    I just wish more of you on here would upgrade to a four stroke or one of the v8’s so I can get a good deal on a late model 2 stroke. So far I haven’t seen too many of you doing that, very disappointed in you guys.

16. Member
    i guess he dont know that evinrude just launched the 3 cylider G2 in 115, 140 and 150. They say that the 150 gets around 14mpgs on a pontoon..., or was it 12mpgs... hrm

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howkitz View Post
    ok, anybody else convinced yet?
    v8s are out selling all other brands combined by 100 to 1 at my local dealer.
    only people buying brp are diehard omc papaws and a few tourney fishermen that want the extra cash that brp pays for a high tourney finish.
    when ef hutton speaks...you should listen...lol
    What local dealer is selling enough motors to sell V-8s at a rate of 100 to 1 to all other motors. Especially when a V-8 is only for a specialized group of boat owners. Hope your mother lets you out of the basement soon.

18. Member
    High performance electric drive systems... coming soon to lake near you.

19. Member
    OPTI POP? ive never blown any motor ive owned and they have all been Mercury my last 2002 opti had over 700hs and I ran the piss out of that motor now im putting the hours on my new pro xs, ive had black max / efi / opti max / pro xs / never popped one, I will stay with my 2 stroke till that new v8 has been out 5 yrs then maybe I will get one or a yammie. 2 stroke faithful

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatesville Junkie View Post
    Mercury has had the Verado's for a long time.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast