Eyra, Puma or Cougar?

I've been thinking of downsizing lately. I used to have a Sabre and really liked it, I just needed more room. I would really like the Lynx but they are not down to my price point of what I want to spend.
    The Eyra is the only one I've seen in person.
    If all 3 were equipped identical,... What would one expect to notice different?
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

2. Member
    All three what?? There are several Eyra's on the BCB for sale page mine being one of them. All very well equiped, prices run from 50k to about 55K, moderate hours and lots of warranty. If you want to talk new then, how deep is your pocket? I saw a 2019 Lynx last week, new, 87K!!!
    BTW,
    Eyra 20'.2"
    Puma 20' 4"
    Lynx 20'8"

Deck space and storage is always in question, it's really up to the person doing the fishing as what he/she needs.
    Last edited by Cbumpilori; 10-01-2018 at 08:08 AM.

wait till you can get your lynx
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3 Drastically different layout boats. Potentially 3 very different price ranges. I saw a dealer demo lynx the other day for 66k. So they are getting there. Really depends what type of fishing/ style of fishing you do. I also would not dismiss the caracal. Its a foot wider at the trolling motor than what you said your looking at. And give up very little to the other mentioned boats.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

5. Member
    What does someone notice different between driving/fishing from an Eyra (that I have drove and fished from) to say a cougar or puma?
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

6. Member
    The Eyra will have a sports car feel to it as you will sit lower in it than the Puma or Cougar

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GetReel View Post
    What does someone notice different between driving/fishing from an Eyra (that I have drove and fished from) to say a cougar or puma?
    The Cougar and Puma are basically the same boat only with different deck lay out! I've owned both! My Eyra is a little smaller up front than the other two but no problems as I see it. Very quick in turning and at high speeds!

8. Member
    I believe some of the members missed your comparison question.
    The Cougar and Puma have the same hull. The difference in the two are in the deck layout.
    The Cougar/Puma have a slightly wider front deck than the Eyra. If you go to the BCB website it will show you the difference.
    When it comes to driving. The Eyra will have a more sports car responsive feel. Fast acceleration. The Cougar/Puma will drive bigger (if that makes since).
    When it comes to speed they are all very close together on top end.
    Fishing from the Eyra you tend to feel more on the very front of the boat, which I like for pitching and working piers.
    They are all three excellent fishing platforms with the Eyra being the most different.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    As we know. I love the puma. Lol
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

I love my Puma, but if I am being honest with myself my old PII was all the boat I needed.

however, the Puma is much more comfortable and roomy.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo