Thread: OCP's

OCP's

Well starting tomorrow, 01 Oct 2018 the Air Force is now phasing in the OCP uniform. Another uniform change again. Been in since they were phasing out the olive drab. Have seen numerous vairations of the BDU's, then the ABU's and now the OCP's. Cant forget the chocolate chips and desert cammies. The AF sure loves to spend $$$$. (Probably need to add alot more $'s)
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

2. Member
    I have a son and daughter in law that have to get the new uniform.

3. Joe4d
    looks like good deals on boots coming !. Got summer/ winters/ safety toe. for $40 each when Army changed from tan to slightly different shade of tan

I am wearing the OCP's now. Started in the BDU's when I joined. Personally, the OCP's are much better than anything we have had in my time. It is the only true combat uniform that we have had that makes any kind of sense. The BDU's where developed for jungle warfare. Since I joined in 2004, we haven't been fighting in any jungles. Instead, we wore the BDU stateside and people took a combat uniform and turned it into a starched piece of wood. Then the ABU came along. While it was better than the BDU in some areas, it was quickly decided that it wasn't the greatest uniform for a desert environment. Around this time, the multi-cam (early version of the OCP) was developed by the army and was a big hit. Nearly 10 years later, the air force has finally caught on.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest