Joe4d

Dental canceled.

Anyone else get the letter ? Had tricare retired dental,,, looks like its no more. Rolled into some other program I have to pick and chose over.

2. Member
    Had dentist in my town tell me that Delta plan hardly paid anything. Did a lot of research on plans I finally decided on FEP Blue high option. Reason for high option wife has to have all teeth pulled but 6. The high option has unlimited amount on certain classes of dental work. I have quotes from $6,400 to $50,000 for implants for her. I had bone replacement on front tooth and Dentist charge was $2,795.00. FEB paid $286.40 and I had to pay $102.60. That also included extraction of tooth. What gets me that bone replacement graft paperwork says $1785.00 and amount insurance paid was $109.90 and my amount was $47.10 on that part. Dentist said it was cow bone he used. You might not need the high option if you do not have a lot of work to be done.

3. Member
    I printed the details from all the new policies and gave them to my dentist insurance person. She is shifting through them to make a recommendation for my wife and I. The “details tab” didn’t give many details on what’s covered, copays, etc...

4. Joe4d
    that may be a good idea, however I would suspect they'd pic the plan best for them.
    Knock on wood at 50 I have pretty healthy teeth. Lost internet when I sat down to look at these, hoping cost doesnt rise.

5. Member
    https://tricare.benefeds.com/InfoPor...EN10371_button

This is the site for comparing plans and cost.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I printed the details from all the new policies and gave them to my dentist insurance person. She is shifting through them to make a recommendation for my wife and I. The “details tab” didn’t give many details on what’s covered, copays, etc...
    What did they tell you?

7. Joe4d
    my dentist isnt in any of the lower cost ones. Other than that doesnt appear cost has alot to do with whats covered.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    What did they tell you?
    I don’t have the paperwork in front of me, but recall the two best plans for us had better coverage than the Delta we have now. The high limit Delta and high limit BCBS were the two were were left choosing from. Either will be almost double per month. We will get one more cleaning a year to offset some of the cost, and big work like crowns etc... is where they really pay off.