Looking for at a 2011 alpha 199

430 on proxs, is there anything i need to look out for with this hull?

Thanks new to the legend

2. Member
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/Boats4Sale6/Bobs2.JPG
    Looks like you are looking at my old boat! That thing rides like a dream and runs fully loaded at 70mph! If legend would have stuck with the 199 instead of pushing the V20, they would still be in business!
    Pool 10

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    http://www.bassboatcentral.com/Boats4Sale6/Bobs2.JPG
    Looks like you are looking at my old boat! That thing rides like a dream and runs fully loaded at 70mph! If legend would have stuck with the 199 instead of pushing the V20, they would still be in business!
    As much as I love the V20 layout and huge Deck space and pretty much everything about it
    I have to agree I dont think I would trade my Alpha for a V

4. Member
    I just bought a 199, waited 13 years to get one. I absolutely love it. Handling, speed, deck size, fit and finish. 225 Pro XS with a 25P Fury 3 blade, get about 72mph with me and a load of gear. 69-70 with a partner. Love the boat and would do it again in a heartbeat, i dont think you can go wrong with one. It's a shame they don't build boats anymore, I would order another in a few years.

have a 13' 199. Only downside to the boat is its a little light on storage, but i also have too much $**t. Need to remove the rod organizer if you have many rods over 7' 3". Mine runs a little slow but i have 4 batteries, power poles and every compartment packed to the gills - and i need to play with the prop. Its hands down the best riding boat i've ever been in. A rough ride in most boats means i don't walk for a day or 4 because my spine is garbage... not an issue for me in this boat. I gauge the ride on the number of times you hit a wave or come down hard and you feel every inch of the boat make that hollow rattle/thud sound and you feel it in your teeth like you just got dropped from 5' above the water - i've never done it in 5 years in this boat.

6. LEGEND 199 225 PRO XS
    My 2012 199 is great, I put 12 foot Talons and upgraded to 36 volt TM and that slowed it down a few mph but I'm 55 and ride means more than speed to me. Everybody that rides in it always says same thing, man that is the smoothest riding boat they ever been in!!! I will be keeping mine since they don't make them any more!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199 225 PRO XS