Green River Lake report 9/22 9/23 and 9/30

Fished green river lake Sept 22, 23 and 30. I rarely get to fish this lake so I decided to give it a go. On Saturday the 22nd Put in at the state ramp. Didn't have to go far to catch some good ones, both smallmouth and largemouth. Ended up having a better than average day throwing jigs, swimbaits and soft plastics. Decided to go back on the 23rd and whacked them! My best five would have gone 20+ pounds. Fast forward to yesterday Sept 29.... Ugh a few dinks and nothing more. Oh well, that's fishing.
    At any rate, I was very surprised to see that the water yesterday was in really good shape. I expected it to be muddy but I fished from the dam all the way back in Robinson and the water was clear to stained. On the previous Saturday and Sunday, The conditions were of course cloudy and raining and the fish sure seemed to like it... Fished main lake drops and points with jigs an swim baits, if you can find the brush even better. Yesterday, fished the same areas with very little to show for it. Decided to try back in the creeks to no avail. I personally think the fish are still out deep, just the rising water and pressure system that moved in had them shut down.
    Anyway that's my report for what its worth.
    Chef Dave

2. Member
    Thanks for the report.

3. Member
    Good report! Thanks for sharing

4. Member
    Thanks for sharing, my trip was your day 3 lol.