Replacing Aerator

Going to replace the pump that is attached to the live well. I'm not able to reach the pump as my arm won't fit, but my wife's arm fits not problem. Is it possible to replace the aerator without moving the tank if she can get her hand/arm down there?

I've never done this so is the pump screwed or bolted down or is it just threaded in there? 21xrs

Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by coolwhip; 09-30-2018 at 08:49 AM.

2. Member
    Just twist it and it’ll come out

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Going to replace the pump that is attached to the live well. I'm not able to reach the pump as my arm won't fit, but my wife's arm fits not problem. Is it possible to replace the aerator without moving the tank if she can get her hand/arm down there?

I've never done this so is the pump screwed or bolted down or is it just threaded in there? 21xrs

Thanks for any info.

I dont think Hank it is possible but maybe, should just twist out. If you can get it to work that way let me know. I may try it next time pump goes bad

Prolly gonna have to pull the tank....maybe not. ??
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    I need to do the same on my XRS. Was looking tonight and it looks possible to remove the the 2 nuts securing the tank on each side and slide the tank back 4 to 6 inches without removing it. Anybody tried this approach?
    2015 Bullet 21XRS, 2021 250 Pro XS 4s - 3B014359

6. Member
    I ordered the aerator today. Will give it a go...well my small armed wife will give it a go...haha

7. Banned
    Don't tell the wife about the snake in the bilge until after your done... Dan

8. Member
    Ha!

9. Member
    So just did it. Pretty easy and I was able to get my arm in there to do it instead of wife...haha The aerator pump attached to the live well simply screws off. Just push down on the red tab and twist. I went thru the live well to put in the new pvc anyway, but whichever is fine. Mine had a plug that I disconnected and reused the plug again using crimps from new pump to the wire of plug. Plugged back in. The thing is this wasn't the issue....haha

My buddy is a auto and marine master mechanic and specializes in electrical. I asked him about it and he said bring over for quick look at. Looks under dash of switch panel and sees that one of the wires came loose. Lets just say he wasn't impressed with the wiring job. He said he is going to go in and put in better crimps that are waterproof and make sure all the wiring in the dash secured correctly.

Anyway just wanted to let everyone know. Job done!