Thread: Lure colors

Lure colors

I was wondering if there is somewhere I can get printouts of what colors are used in painting hard bodied lures. Something like a picture and then where each color was applied.
    I ask because I am colorblind and it is very hard for me to choose colors when painting. I love to paint and use my airbrush and it may seem odd since I am colorblind, but something like this would be
    very helpful for me. I dont have a particular pattern in mind, but as an example a shad pattern crankbait, what colors were used and where they were sprayed on the body. Ive looked around the
    web and have not found something like this so thought Id ask here.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

I think fish are color blind as well.... You probably can paint a better fish catcher...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Thanks Terry, that was a very helpful link, I will have to print a bunch out and get back to painting.
    I also seen a bunch in the sticky above, I wish his pictures still showed, but at least it shows the colors used and where.
    2002 BassCat Cougar

Make it look like a shad, a gill or a craw.