Thread: Addermine?

Addermine?

Can someone tell me some rods that this fishes like? Really curious how the power is but don’t want to buy it if I already have a rod like it. Any g Loomis comparisons? 822dsr? 852s?

2. Member
    Never owned the DSR 822, but have two Addermines and love them. Without a doubt it just feels right in hand. Feel like you could throw a shakey head on it, drop shot for sure, tube jig, ned rig and likely throw smaller jerk baits. You'll be happy if you buy it.

3. Banned
    How would that compare to a Steez AGS? Medium action

4. Member
    I also have a couple of Addermine's. Gary talked me into buying one when the Orochi XX finesse rods sold a couple of years ago. They are the best finesse rods available in my opinion. Call Gary or Brian at the Tackle Trap and talk to them about the comparisons. If anyone would know about the G Loomis comparisons those two guys would know. Good luck!

I would say the Addermine almost feels like a GLX 842 but a little lighter in power.

I use mine as a drop shot rod.

6. Member
    The Addermine definitely has more power than the NRX 822dsr but on par with the NRX852s but with slower taper. I know the Addermine is rated XF as well but the blank doesn't shut down like the 852. The Addermine really shines while casting/dragging dropshot as well as small swimbaits like a MB 3" Hazedong Shad. My most productive setup this summer going to into fall has been my Addermine dragging a dropshot with 3" Hazedong absolutely kills the smallies at any depth. I have not handled a Steez AGS though I'm tempted to try one next season.

7. Member
    Thanks. Sounds like I can use one then. Just wanted to make sure it’s pretty versatile. Will throw ned, dropshot, and spybaits on it. My hookup ratio on spybaits isn’t good on the 822dsr. Not sure if this rod will change that but worth a shot

I have one but nothing to compare it to yet. It's been sitting in it's sleeve in the garage for the last 2 months unused, last Sunday though, I put one of my '15 Daiwa Exists on it and it's a match made in heaven. Almost too purty to use.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KMcClure View Post
    Thanks. Sounds like I can use one then. Just wanted to make sure it’s pretty versatile. Will throw ned, dropshot, and spybaits on it. My hookup ratio on spybaits isn’t good on the 822dsr. Not sure if this rod will change that but worth a shot
    I would stray you towards the Orochi XX Whipsnake if not for ned rig technique, this rods slightly less powerful than the Addermine but less sensitivity as well.

10. Member
    Agree with Phippy on the NRX 852s comparison- exactly what I would say. the Addermine is more versatile and a joy to fish. I use it for all the techniques you mention and it’s performed wonderfully. I sold the 852s after I fished the Addermine.

Quote Originally Posted by KMcClure View Post
    It will do all that well.
    I do however use my whipsnake for ned rig and find it plenty sensative.

12. Member
    I like my 822 for ned so I can also just continue to use that and use the addermine for the other stuff