Portable set up for Livescope

Hello

Looking for suggestions for a portable setup for Garmin 93SV Plus and Livescope that I can use in rental boats or
    or when I am fishing in my buddies center console boat. Thanks

AJ

2. Member
    What do you mean by portable? You could always carry a 12v rechargeable battery in a soft case and fashion a cigarette lighter plug for power. Ram makes a portable claw mount that could be used for the display. And you could custom make an aluminum pole mount for the transducer. Short of this, not aware of any pre-made kits.

3. Member
    Hi new member, wanted to announce the addition of the DIY Livescope portable bundle!!! It is a 93SV Plus, Livescope and dual lithium batteries! All parts are available except the power cords which I can get for ya! Have been using mine for a cpl weeks ag 8-10 hours and have yet to kill the batteries!

4. Member
    Great Thanks. Looking forward to seeing it

5. Member
    I use a transducer stick made by Fishing Specialties that has my normal transducer mounted on the bottom of the stick with a mounting plate from them and the Livescope ducer above it. They sell a stick then has a clamp on mount for just what you need. I carry my Black box and 93sv and cables in a large ammo box. A small lawn tractor battery will work but my fishing pardner put a small car battery on his boat for it. I do have two large jelly cell batteries that will also fit in the ammo box but haven't used them yet. With this stick you can adjust the depth of the ducers by putting a Ram Mount clamp, or find some other cheaper clamp to put above the cone that the stick goes through that sets in the mount. Then a Ram Mount for the 93 and you will be good to go. Mike at Fishing Specialties is a great guy and can help you. PM me if you have any questions. Don

6. Member
    My ps22 +echomap 95 sv plus is 100% portable:

A PVC stick+ps22
    Minn Kota Bracket & Hinge Assembly 2991815A (search Amazon) - mount on either my small boat or Lund
    12 v lead acid battery (9 Amp?)
    Carrying: an adidas bag for stuff mentioned above

I left my CV52 trandsucer at home most of the time when outing, unless I have another pvc stick+Minn Kota Bracket. This is for next year probably.
    Last edited by bassun; 10-01-2018 at 10:25 AM.

7. Banned
    You can mount both on the same stick. Put a 90 on the end of the stick with a 6" piece of pvc to mount the 52 and put the 22 up the shaft.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    You can mount both on the same stick. Put a 90 on the end of the stick with a 6" piece of pvc to mount the 52 and put the 22 up the shaft.
    Great idea! I never thought about it. Thanks.

sorry. What is a “90”? I mean, how can I turn the ps22 around without moving the cv52?
    Last edited by bassun; 10-01-2018 at 09:34 PM.

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    90 degree bend (elbow)
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Actually a T with two pieces of pvc off each end may balance better
    just a thought

11. Member

12. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    The Livescope Build is up for those wanting to see how to make a 100% year round mobile livescope in one legitimate package!

14. Member
    Does the Minn Kota bracket allow you to rotate the stick to scan for fish or does the clamp to tighten the pvc stick shaft it prevent this?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumpster Fire View Post
    Does the Minn Kota bracket allow you to rotate the stick to scan for fish or does the clamp to tighten the pvc stick shaft it prevent this?
    Yes. I rotate it if needed. It's easy to do so.