brakes overheating on one wheel?

I have a 2016 Ranger Z520C. Earlier this summer Ranger replaced both axles under warranty. Today I towed about 10 miles and when I got to my destination it smelled like burning brakes. The hub on the rear passenger side wheel was a fair amount hotter than the others. I haven't worked on brakes before so I’m trying to search for info online. If anyone has a suggestion of what to look for when I pull the wheel tomorrow I’d appreciate it. Also looking for any good schematics or videos. Thanks

2. Member
    If the caliper is sticking it would cause the brakes to overheat. When Ranger replace the axles under warranty did they replace all the brake hardware, calipers and bleed them properly? If the axles were only replaced then issue sounds like caliper sticking.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Don’t overlook the possibility that the hot wheel is the only one working.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Could be a number of things. You'll have to pull the wheel off and check the caliper. It could be a stuck plunger or even a small rock between the disc and the rotor.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    The piston had the brake locked. I bled off fluid at that wheel and pried it back open. Locked the surge off at the tongue with nuts and tape so I can move it. Everything was replaced at the time they replaced the axles. So it’s going back to the dealer again under warranty.
    Towed it to a local lake yesterday with no issues but also no brakes.