Looking to buy my first new Bass Tracker and need advise

I am just about ready to pull the trigger on a new 2019 Tracker 175 TXW w/75 four stroke Merc. It comes with 12v 45 trolling motor and my question is if the 45 12v really enough or upgrade ( to what? ) Is 24v needed?

2. Member
    It depends on your situation. The problem is that you will want to run it on 5 sometimes and in my experience the motors tend to recoil a lot and wander off track unless you stand on the pedal with your weight.

You can get a 55 pound motor that is still 12v but you will be much happier with a 65-70 motor with variable control. If you are a fair weather guy the stock motor will ge tyou out there and may be enough for you.

3. Member
    I chose to upgrade to the Minn Kota Maxxum 70# with digital maximizer. I believe that the stock TM would have worked in most instances but I wanted the rheostat type control so I could dial in the exact trolling speed I wanted, the 1-5 settings always seemed to be either too fast or too slow.. Your needs may be different. Try the stock TM first and if it meets your needs you'll save some money.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    I just bought a new '18 175 TXW. It can be pretty windy around here so I had them replace the stock motor with an 80# Terrova. They added the extra battery as well. Only had it out once so far, but that motor works very well. Ran for about 4 hours and the batteries were still nearly full. I'm happy I did the upgrade. On 2, it runs about 1/2 mph. I don't remember exactly how fast on 10, around 5+mph maybe. I'll check it next time out.

EDIT: Top speed on troller is 3.7 or so mph.
    Last edited by Bluzharp; 11-17-2018 at 10:34 AM.

5. Member
    I have a 2012 TXW175 that came with a 12v Edge 45. I replaced it in 2014 with a 12v Maxxum 55 and the difference was very noticeable. If you have the option to get a 24v version, I would get it.

6. Banned
    I didn't have too much of an issue with the edge 45, I just wanted spotlock.

7. Member
    I have a 17.5' boat and I replaced the 12 volt Edge with a 80 lb 24 volt Maxxum. Can't imagine ever going with less thrust that that.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

8. Member
    Have you considered the 175 TXW Tournament Edution? It comes with a 70# Minn Kota Maxxum and two Lowrance Hook2 5s. One is a Splitshot on the trolling motor and a Tripleshot on the console. There is a 3 bank charger, aluminum wheels and spare and a front trailer step. It is done at the factory do boat is ready out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by squarebilljunkie View Post
    Have you considered the 175 TXW Tournament Edution? It comes with a 70# Minn Kota Maxxum and two Lowrance Hook2 5s. One is a Splitshot on the trolling motor and a Tripleshot on the console. There is a 3 bank charger, aluminum wheels and spare and a front trailer step. It is done at the factory do boat is ready out of the gate.
    I totally agree. On this rig.

24v is what you will be much happier with. Yes needed

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

10. Member
    Well...….Had the opportunity to sit behind the wheel of a new 19 Tracker 175 TXW and it is too small. I couldn't use full throttle even with my right leg tucked under my left. Just don't understand Trackers building limitation for taller people ( 6'4" ) when I fit quite comfortably in a Ranger RT 178. Oh well...……...

11. Member
    That's where it would be good if tracker would go with a sliding adjustable drivers seat. I'm 5'7" and the fit in my PT190 is perfect for me with my life vest on. I can see where someone you height would be cramped.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

12. Member
    Make sure to take your longest pole with you and try it in the rod tubes. I went and looked at a new 175 twx today and was surprised how much the rod has to bend once it enters the tube. I am now thinking about the 190 with the longer rod box instead. Just a thought.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassinbill188 View Post
    Make sure to take your longest pole with you and try it in the rod tubes. I went and looked at a new 175 twx today and was surprised how much the rod has to bend once it enters the tube. I am now thinking about the 190 with the longer rod box instead. Just a thought.
    I picked the 2018 model over the 2019 for this exact reason. Still have to flex the rod a little and be careful with the guides, but the locker is longer and has the end somewhat more open than the new model.

Quote Originally Posted by squarebilljunkie View Post
    That's a sweet tracker, I love the white version.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    I chose to upgrade to the Minn Kota Maxxum 70# with digital maximizer. I believe that the stock TM would have worked in most instances but I wanted the rheostat type control so I could dial in the exact trolling speed I wanted, the 1-5 settings always seemed to be either too fast or too slow.. Your needs may be different. Try the stock TM first and if it meets your needs you'll save some money.
    I used the stock for a few months and it worked fine but it take all it has in any kind of wind, I changed to a 24v with a Maxxum 70 and its a world of difference.
    The maxxum 70 has plenty of power....best upgrade I've made

16. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    The stock 45 Edge was fine for me until the wind started blowing. Replaced it with a 80lb Xi5 and all problems solved...well one time it got too windy for 80lb thrust and told dad if we weren't fishing a tournament we woulda left 2 hours ago, lol.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

No one likes a pot licker or GPS pirate. FIND YOUR OWN FISH!