Arbuckle Up To The Brim

I took the day off Tuesday and ran down to Arbuckle. I knew that with all the rain it would be high and I was correct. Fellow out there fishing told me he had been out since 5 and the water had dropped a foot since then. The water was clearer than I expected but fishing was tough. A few dinks was all I got. Didn't even see much on the sonar machine. Beautiful day and it sure beat working.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Looks beautiful, and high! At least you didn’t get skunked! Plus, like you said a bad day at Fishing is better than a good day at work!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

4. Member
    I have been several times and blanked. It is a pretty place though. Forty miles from my shop door to the ramp.

i have been at least twice when nothing ever showed on my graph. yes, i did turn it on.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

The fishing is really tough there right now. They've been releasing close to 1000 cfs since Tuesday a week ago when I took those pictures. Since 9/26, the water has dropped close to 5 feet.

I saw fish on the sonar but they were always at 25' to 40' pulled back off the mouths of creeks. They didn't go after anything I threw which was mostly deep cranks, jig, and dropshot. The ONLY fish I caught all day was on a little Keitech 3" swimbait, a dink came off of a brush pile halfway back in a creek off Rock Creek. Had several more strikes like that but none big enough to take the hook. There did seem to be a few small bass and lots of bluegill in the creeks.

I also pitched and skipped a blue/black jig into the flooded trees and bush on the points with no results. Nobody I talked to either day I've been there in the past week have had any better luck. We just need to get a stable water level and let the water clarity clear up and it will be the same old lake.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.