Thread: Mercury Recall

Mercury Recall

So, I've owned my 2018 Tracker PT 175 with a Mercury 4S 60HP since September 5th. Go check the mail today, and I've got a recall notice from Mercury on the fuel pump diaphragm. Anyone had this fixed? Wondering if I can take it to any Mercury shop, (45 minute drive) or should I take it back to my dealer, (2 1/2 hour drive)?

2. Member
    Never mind. Just contacted the Mercury shop and he asked me to go look at the fuel pump to see if there was a blue dot on it. He said this is to signify that the diaphragm has been changed. Luckily, mine has been taken care of.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good topic for the 4 Stroke forum.

Follow the directions in the letter you received. Engine does need to be physically inspected by the dealer.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Wow...!! Thanks to this forum it just saved my first time launch in my new boat...Just received the Letter last night from Mercury stating that there was a passible diaphragm defect...Mine also has the blue dot. Dealer called and verified I'm good to go...!

Thanks Guys!

Rodney
    Perdido, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by txcobowhunter View Post
    Never mind. Just contacted the Mercury shop and he asked me to go look at the fuel pump to see if there was a blue dot on it. He said this is to signify that the diaphragm has been changed. Luckily, mine has been taken care of.