Banned

Flies in the trailer

There's one lake we camp at that is terrible with flies. This time of year they get thick and even thicker into the Thanksgiving weekend. You can end up with 3 dozen flies in the trailer! How do you keep the flies a bay? I use a box fan inside blowing at the door and one outside blowing at an angle away from the door. We'll end up with about 12 instead of 36. Fly tape, fly bags, fly spray don't work on these guys. They're thick.

2. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Can't really offer anything other than fly tape and fly swatters but maybe this will make them less annoying.....

https://www.bugasalt.com/
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

3. Joe4d
    My concern would be why they are that thick, depending on type of fly.
    Sounds like some sanitation problems in the area. I think Id be bringing this up to whoever was taking my money to stay there for them to correct or Id find somewhere else.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    Can't really offer anything other than fly tape and fly swatters but maybe this will make them less annoying.....

https://www.bugasalt.com/
    This is the answer for me. I have gotten damn good with my Bugasalt gun and enjoy blasting the filthy bastiges to their death. After a while it seems the word gets out and they stay away from me because I'm badass.
    If you can't get rid of them, have fun killing them.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    This is the answer for me. I have gotten damn good with my Bugasalt gun and enjoy blasting the filthy bastiges to their death. After a while it seems the word gets out and they stay away from me because I'm badass.
    If you can't get rid of them, have fun killing them.
    Wanna hear something sad? Amazon will not ship the bugasalt to California. Must be because it says -asalt and they think it's some type of assault weapon.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Wanna hear something sad? Amazon will not ship the bugasalt to California. Must be because it says -asalt and they think it's some type of assault weapon.
    You're shittin me!!!

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    You're shittin me!!!
    Haha. I just checked and it’s available now to CA. Ordered it on the spot in case they change their mind.

8. Member
    bugasalt wil just spray salt all over your trailer and the flies will still be buzzin

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by clearlake outdoors View Post
    bugasalt wil just spray salt all over your trailer and the flies will still be buzzin
    Swat for the inside. Don't need to get salt all over the inside and track that into my bed. Sand is already bad enough at sandy places.