Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Hey Bill - the bay lights are the ones that are lousy correct? Do you have feedback on the ones from Amazon? I got those but will be putting the boat away for the winter soon and really don't want to put them on and find out next year that they will fail first time in the water....

Thanks
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

2. Member
    Here is the ebay link to the Optronics lights that I just installed. They look identical to the lights I posted at the start of this thread. I've used them 2 times and there is no water (or condensation) whatsoever in either one of the lights.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Clear-whi...72.m2749.l2649

If you look at the ebay listing you'll see as you scroll the page a section entitled "Item Specifics". You'll see that the lights are Optronics brand and are part # BUL78CB. As stated in the description from the seller they carry a lifetime warranty.

Really sorry that some of you purchased the leakers, but the new Optronics lights are doing the job correctly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by got_musky View Post
    Hey Bill - the bay lights are the ones that are lousy correct? Do you have feedback on the ones from Amazon? I got those but will be putting the boat away for the winter soon and really don't want to put them on and find out next year that they will fail first time in the water....

Thanks
    The amazon lights I bought are not bright enough for me, but did not take on water when submerged, but the eBay fender mounted lights have water in them. I’m putting the Optronics lights on the fenders in place of them.
    Last edited by RngrBill; 10-31-2018 at 12:25 PM.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

Quote Originally Posted by rookyboy View Post
    Here is the ebay link to the Optronics lights that I just installed. They look identical to the lights I posted at the start of this thread. I've used them 2 times and there is no water (or condensation) whatsoever in either one of the lights.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Clear-whi...72.m2749.l2649

If you look at the ebay listing you'll see as you scroll the page a section entitled "Item Specifics". You'll see that the lights are Optronics brand and are part # BUL78CB. As stated in the description from the seller they carry a lifetime warranty.

Really sorry that some of you purchased the leakers, but the new Optronics lights are doing the job correctly!!!
    . I looked these up on Etrailer site and they aren’t certified to meet backup light standards, they are considered trailer utility lights. I’m still looking at some of the other Optronics backup lights.
    Last edited by RngrBill; 10-17-2018 at 07:07 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RngrBill View Post
    . I looked these up on Etrailer site and they aren’t certified to meet backup light standards, they are considered trailer utility lights. I’m still looking at some of the other Optronics backup lights.
    The Optronics BUL12CSB lights are considered backup lights, but they only have 6 diodes. Here's the Optronics website link with the specs: http://www.optronicsinc.com/PRODUCTS...x?SeriesID=350

Here's an ebay link for those lights from the same seller I used https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Trailer-t...-/112137366236 Note that the chrome bezel is available for these lights, but you have to purchase them separately.

Can't remember where I saw it (might have been on eTrailer site somewhere), but the BUL78CB are brighter than the BUL12CSB. I decided to go with the brighter light.

Do you know what the difference is between the none certified and the DOT certified lights?
    Last edited by rookyboy; 10-17-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RngrBill View Post
    Not trying to mean this as a smart a** question but what difference does it make if they don’t meet certified standards? There going on a boat trailer for backing at the ramp and your garage.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by carolinagreenhead View Post
    Not trying to mean this as a smart a** question but what difference does it make if they don’t meet certified standards? There going on a boat trailer for backing at the ramp and your garage.
    I don't know what it means either, that was why I was looking in to that classification. Does it mean they have to diffuse the light in a particular way to allow for better vision to the side and rear of the vehicle? I don't know, what I do know is that I thank rookyboy for his input and i am done on this subject.

8. Member
    Soo today I replaced the pos ebay Chinese knock offs with Optronics. The size is exactly the same as the knock offs and the chrome rings readily adapt for anyone that’s going to re retrofit when they leak. Attached is the guy that sells Optronics on eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F301587751887

Hope this helps others. Take care men
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by captainrab View Post
    Soo today I replaced the pos ebay Chinese knock offs with Optronics. The size is exactly the same as the knock offs and the chrome rings readily adapt for anyone that’s going to re retrofit when they leak. Attached is the guy that sells Optronics on eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F301587751887

Hope this helps others. Take care men
    Request a refund for the pos knock-offs! It took a couple of messages back and forth for me, but I finally got a full refund!

The Optronics are still doing great (after several more trips)!! The same Ebay seller above offers the Optronics lights with the chrome bezel for a few bucks more.

10. Member
    I did and they refunded 10 bucks. :)
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

11. Member
    The back up lights from libra trailer.Part number 24031 with ten diodes and chrome ring our junk. Leaked first time out had to drill holes in bottom of lights. Just to get water out I hope they work next time out. Also when you snap chrome ring on light you have to break it off to get light off.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234