Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post your pics and Info on your custom wheel and tire set ups

Hey guys. Looking for info on wheel size/offset/bolt pattern etc for our trailers. What do you have?
    Stratos 201 XL DC Johnson Venom 200hp 24p Raker

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratosfreak View Post
    Hey guys. Looking for info on wheel size/offset/bolt pattern etc for our trailers. What do you have?
    Who's upgraded to 17 inch wheels?

I'm looking for pic posts like this too, but I want to get away from the tiny 14" rims with big bouncy balloon tires. Time to change my trailer tires so might as well go to larger rim and lower profile tires. Just like two or three inch larger wheels, 16"-17", not redic dubs.

C'mon guys, some of you must have done this? I see that low profile trailer rated tires pretty much don't exist, right? You've gotta match your load range with a car tire? A lower sidewall tire, as long as it's good quality, should tow with less bounce, right? How could that be bad? I've read all sorts of 'don't put car tires on your trailer' posts but there's gotta be a solid way to pull this off and have as good or better results...?

Most standards are 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern with zero offset. Visually check behind your current set up and see how much room is behind your tire to back board. This is one of the determining factors on how wide you can go.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Went from 14" to 17" on my Rangertrail. ( does look way better btw) Biggest thing is to use wheel tire calculator and just plus size. This way you keep tire height and width exactly the same. What you want to look for is whats called a XL ( xtra load) in a passanger car tire. You need find a load rating the same or very close to what you have now. I went with a Kumho Ecsta 4X II. As mentioned above the rim offset will need to be zero. Its not hard just will take some time playing with combinations on the calculator. Or you can pm me and I can give you what I came up with that keeps everything the same going from a 14" to a 17". Mine have been on 2 seasons now.(few thousand miles) Did pop the tire off the bead this year but was my fault as hit curb pulling into a gas station. ( may not have happened with the higher sidewall tire) Other then that, I see no difference in cushion, bouncing, trailering etc ( does seem to track way better now). Had them balanced and tire wear has been pretty decent no different then every other trailer I own. As mentioned above Bass Cat, Ranger and I believe Nitro ( maybe others now that Johnny owns most brands) offer 17" packages on there boats. Not uncommon by any means.

Here are my wheels...

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstondry View Post
    Here are my wheels...

Best looking wheels I have seen.

That's a really Badass Ride.
    2001 Ranger 520DVX 225 mercury

HHC 14TH ENGINEERS COMBAT HEAVY
    FT.ORD ,CA
    US ARMY

Here's my wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy/LGF View Post
    That's a really Badass Ride.
    Thanks Grumpy!

10. Member

Picked up a set for the truck as well to match the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Procharged392 View Post

Picked up a set for the truck as well to match the trailer
    Sorry for hijacking, but many pics of the V-175 appear to have zero suspension travel like your image.
    Curious if the springs are super stiff? Or overloaded by that rig? Or worn out? Or if there is actually sufficient travel/clearance that isn't appearing in photos?

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I put these on my trailer recently. They’re the same size 13” wheels and same size tires but they do look a lot better than the galvanized rims that were on it. It’s the little things that make the boat mine! Just cause it’s a tiny tin doesn’t mean it has to look crappy! I’m into these rims/tires for $65 per side.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I put these on my trailer recently. They’re the same size 13” wheels and same size tires but they do look a lot better than the galvanized rims that were on it. It’s the little things that make the boat mine! Just cause it’s a tiny tin doesn’t mean it has to look crappy! I’m into these rims/tires for $65 per side.
    Where they come from ?

"I'm just looking for a bite"

14. Member

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mountain Man View Post
    Where they come from ?
    Sorry that I can’t remember! I know I found them on the Tampa Craigslist site by searching for trailer tires. They were about to move locations and they did a lot of semi sized tires/wheels but the lady was super nice. If you are still looking shoot me a pm and I’ll try to find them for you.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

This is probably a HiSpec wheel, but I am not able to confirm that. This link to eTrailer.com gives you a good place to look.
    https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...BoCxlIQAvD_BwE

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

17. Member
    i bought the same rims from eastern marine for 63.00 each but mine were 14 inch and they had several sizes too. go to there website or visit the store

18. Member
    Anyone have a beat on some good looking black rims in 16 or 17” and 5x4.5 bolt pattern?

19. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx2va07 View Post
    Anyone have a beat on some good looking black rims in 16 or 17” and 5x4.5 bolt pattern?
    https://www.ebay.com/bhp/trailer-wheels

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstondry View Post
    Here are my wheels...

PM sent for wheel and tire setup!

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast