Bravo XS prop on Eyra 250 Pro XS merc combo.

Any input here guys. I've run just about every other prop out there but never tried a Bravo. I am running down a Bravo 28" XS to test run next week and I'll update what I find out but was hoping I could get some input from someone here who has already experimented a little.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

2. Member
    I have on my 2012 Eyra/Pro XS. My boat liked the prop about 1 inch higher on the jackplate. I lost 1-2 mph top end compared to my 26 Fury 3 blade. Mid range cruise was excellent! Mid range acceleration was too. Funny chine walk was worse with Bravo compared to Fury. My Bravo is a 27" wheel. Loading on the trailer is harder with the Bravo vs the Fury. Hope this helps!

3. Member
    Thank you for the input. How was the hole shot in comparison to the fury?
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Chris, I ran a 26 Bravo XS on my '13 Puma FTD, I needed a 27 though at 2400 feet altitude, I was on the limiter, so I think you're on the right track with the 28 pitch. It was about 2 mph slower than a 25 Fury 3, but holeshot is great and the boat ran like it was on rails.

5. Member
    What speeds were you running with the Fury 3 compared to the Bravo XS
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

6. Member
    Chris - Bravo compared to a stock Fury the holeshot with full fuel and livewells was much, much better. I then had my Fury 3 drilled with additional vent holes and the hole shot became just shy of equal to the Bravo. Hands down, without doubt the Bravo is best at cruise with rpms from 3500 to 5000...lifts the hull much better than my Fury. The Fury would not release until about 5000 rpms.

CK - On Havasu consistent derby day loads and 2 people was 76-77 with the Fury and 75-76 with the Bravo.

Please remember this boat also has 2 power poles and 4 batteries.

Agree with Mike 464 - the boat handles excellent and the rails really tighten with the Bravo compared to a Fury 3.

7. Member
    Good information right there guys. I guess the only way to know is to run the snot out of one and see what happens. I'll be doing that Monday!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

8. Member
    Let us know what you find Chris!

9. Member
    I have one tuned for the Eyra - if you decide you like it let me know. Mine ran identical in speed to my 26 fury.

Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    I have one tuned for the Eyra - if you decide you like it let me know. Mine ran identical in speed to my 26 fury.

What speeds were you getting with the Bravo, what pitch is it?

For anyone that’s run both, what are the advantages of the Bravo vs. the Fury 4? It seems the Bravo 27p and the Fury 4 26 have about the same top end speed, 76. But, my holeshot with the Fury 4 26 is terrible in the Texas heat and with livewells full I can barely get on plane so I run the 25p Fury 4. I’m getting about 73 out of that prop.
    Last edited by C130; 10-02-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Shapfromla. I saw on the bcb owners board someone just posted a 25p fury 4 for a steal if you wanted to try one and not get hosed on the re sale. Ive not been in a 4 blade eyra. But It was night and day different on my caracal. I would not run anything but a 4 blade on mine after trying several props (but its a different boat) And I like a lot of lift.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

12. Member
    Well, I ran the 28 bravo XS yesterday. It was a friends prop and was stock. It did O.K. but, I did not like the low speed handling of the prop. I found it wanted to fall off in turns and just never felt quite right to me. Now once above 50 mph the natural lift of the prop kicked in and it did have a bunch of lift. Top speed was right at 78 mph at 5900 RPM's for me. Not bad on the big end but I did not feel the low end was there which was the opposite of what I was expecting. I have a hydraulic plate and did try adjusting several different heights to get the low end handling to feel right and it just never got there for me.

I'll stick with my Ronnie Gilbert modified Fury's for now until I get a wild hair again.

Louie, Thanks for the heads up on the Fury 4. I might do that and let Ronnie work his magic on it. Can't have enough props. I've sure gone through some in the last 20 years!!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

13. Member
    Chris before you pass judgement try a 27 Bravo XS if you can. Odd size pitches have are actually even pitches with additional cupping which Mercury then markets up one size. You can read more about them on the Mercury site if you wish. I had a 26 and currently own a 27. The 26 behaved for me just as you say your 28 did. Odd size pitches are the way to go with the Eyra.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Shapfromla. I saw on the bcb owners board someone just posted a 25p fury 4 for a steal if you wanted to try one and not get hosed on the re sale. Ive not been in a 4 blade eyra. But It was night and day different on my caracal. I would not run anything but a 4 blade on mine after trying several props (but its a different boat) And I like a lot of lift.
    25 4 blade fury? What did you see on top end?
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

15. Member
    I went from a Fury 3 26 to a F 4 25. I could not believe the difference it made on my Puma.
    I am a few miles up river from you in BR.
    Thanks
    Jim

2011 Puma FTD/ 250 Pro XS

16. Member
    Tiger
    Did you run a 25 Fury 3 prior to 25 Fury 4? How many/sizes of batteries ? Poles or talons ? Loads?
    Also how was chime walk with the 4 blade assuming more lift? speeds / RPMs?

2011 Puma FTD/250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by 5 keepers View Post
    Chris - Bravo compared to a stock Fury the holeshot with full fuel and livewells was much, much better. I then had my Fury 3 drilled with additional vent holes and the hole shot became just shy of equal to the Bravo. Hands down, without doubt the Bravo is best at cruise with rpms from 3500 to 5000...lifts the hull much better than my Fury. The Fury would not release until about 5000 rpms.

CK - On Havasu consistent derby day loads and 2 people was 76-77 with the Fury and 75-76 with the Bravo.

Please remember this boat also has 2 power poles and 4 batteries.

Agree with Mike 464 - the boat handles excellent and the rails really tighten with the Bravo compared to a Fury 3.
    My Eyra is a 17 model, Mercury 250, dual power poles, 36V trolling motor, I tend to carry a lot of gas. What pitch Bravo XS would you recommend for hot conditions, I’m in Texas so hot and humid about 8 months out of the year? I bought the Bravo 1 XS that was mentioned above and like it buts it’s a 28p and I plan to run it in the winter months. After talking to a couple of people they prefer the Bravo XS over the Fury 4’s for the Eyra, I’ve been running the Fury 4’s. I want a summer prop that’s got good hole shot and decent speed. My Fury 4 25 is only good for about 73, maybe 74 which seems consistent with others running the same prop.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    My Eyra is a 17 model, Mercury 250, dual power poles, 36V trolling motor, I tend to carry a lot of gas. What pitch Bravo XS would you recommend for hot conditions, I’m in Texas so hot and humid about 8 months out of the year? I bought the Bravo 1 XS that was mentioned above and like it buts it’s a 28p and I plan to run it in the winter months. After talking to a couple of people they prefer the Bravo XS over the Fury 4’s for the Eyra, I’ve been running the Fury 4’s. I want a summer prop that’s got good hole shot and decent speed. My Fury 4 25 is only good for about 73, maybe 74 which seems consistent with others running the same prop.
    C130 - I'm gonna guess a 27 pitch. I like the odd pitches for better overall lift at lower speeds. Texas weather is similar to Arizona weather without the humidity but we have altitude from 1600 to 2200 at most of our lakes. The river is around 450 ft elevation. What I don't know is how the new lower unit will behave with the Bravo...best to try before you buy if you can. Good luck and let us know please.

19. Member
    Here's another thought for you Chris.. I had Mark Croxton take a stock 28p Bravo XS and re pitch it down on the blocks to a true 27P with a touch of extra tip cup.. Love it more than any of my furys for a fishing prop.. I lost maybe 1 or 2mph on top but low end handling and mid range are excellent.. Like someone else stated Mercury's 27p is just a 26 with more cupping to get the correct RPM range.. All the extra cup they use kills the performance..