Thread: Brand Loyal

Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

Brand Loyal

Am I alone in thinking there are to many high quality baits, rods, reels, electronics, ect to be brand loyal? I try to find something I like and stick with it but then I find another brand that I like just as well. Anyone else this way? My rod and reel arsenal is different all the way through! Same thing with my baits. I use Mr. Crappie, Beaver Bottom, Bonehead, Koops Crappie Killers, Bobby Garland, Atx, ect ect. No way i can stick with just one brand of anything.

2. Member
    No. I've got 10 brands of reels and 15 brands of rods. Couldn't tell you how many brands of lures. I'm thinking of adding another rod brand...or two.
    Last edited by new2BC4bass; 10-01-2018 at 06:20 AM.

3. Banned
    All depends on price....If I find another brand cheaper I usually go that way.

4. Member
    I am very brand loyal on my Triton, Mercury and Lowrance products. They have been very good over a long time period. I currently use two brand of reels, Shimano and Lews. My rods are Duckets and St Croix. On lures, I favor Strike King, Yum, Yamamoto however I use many other brands as well. That's the reason I carry so many boxes of tackle. If the quality is there and they produce, I use them. I buy them typically in sale periods.

Good competition between brands hopefully encourages sustained quality and continuous improvement. So there can not be too many manufacturers. If a company can't produce a quality product at a fair price, then the market will take them out because of low sales.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

6. Member
    For bass fishing I like lews reels and hammer rods for a quality setup that’s still affordable. For baits I have no real brand preference. I’m just starting to get into crappie fishing so I’m spreading out across brands to see what equipment I will like. So far I’ve got 2 jenko cypress creek 12’ rods and 2 all star 16’ trolling rods. I need 2 more rods that are 14’ to complete my spider rig setup, they will probably be either BnM or pro angler or maybe one of each. If I find one brand out shines the others I’ll sell them off and make the switch but for crappie I’m not sure it will matter much.

7. Member
    i run lews baitcasters, daiwa spinning and st croix rods. i wouldn't say it has anything to do with brand loyalty but more about consistency in my equipment - one setup feels like the next, it fits in my hand the same and works the same.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

8. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    For bass fishing I like lews reels and hammer rods for a quality setup that’s still affordable. For baits I have no real brand preference. I’m just starting to get into crappie fishing so I’m spreading out across brands to see what equipment I will like. So far I’ve got 2 jenko cypress creek 12’ rods and 2 all star 16’ trolling rods. I need 2 more rods that are 14’ to complete my spider rig setup, they will probably be either BnM or pro angler or maybe one of each. If I find one brand out shines the others I’ll sell them off and make the switch but for crappie I’m not sure it will matter much.
    I have heard good things about the jenko cypress creek rods especially for the price. I have some jenko hypersense rods that i really like.

9. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    i run lews baitcasters, daiwa spinning and st croix rods. i wouldn't say it has anything to do with brand loyalty but more about consistency in my equipment - one setup feels like the next, it fits in my hand the same and works the same.
    I understand that for sure.

10. Member
    I us what I like. I only use one brand of reel which wasn’t always the case but have multiple rod brands. With rods, I have yet to find a brand that makes every type of rod in a taper I like. Most of my rods are of the same brand because the make a quality product but for the techniques I couldn’t find a taper I liked, I bought other brands.

For baits... I have multiple hard baits but 90% of them are from two Seperate brands. Plastics are a different story. I have favorite brands for specific techniques but have many different brands.

11. Member
    I'm not brand loyal per se but when I find something I like, I buy it again and agin. I like Bobby Garland, Kalin, and Southern Pro for lures and I tend to lean toward Pflueger and Shimano for reels. I have a variety of rods though, Fenwick, St. Croix, Crappie Getter, Cabela's, etc. As far as electronics go I've had both Humminbird and Lowrance and they both have their strong and weak points. In regard to boats motors and trolling motors. There's lots of good boats out there both new and used. I tend to lean toward Yamaha and Minn Kota but I would fish out of lots of different boats. They are all head and shoulders above what I grew up fishing from. Currently I'm fishing from a Triton TR19 with a Yamaha 150 though.

12. Member
    Conglomeration here.
    Praying for a Cure

13. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    My garage is starting to look like bass pro fishing section. LOL