Something to ponder..

I’m one of the unfortunates that dealt with the 195 transom fiasco. Reason I bring this up is very short time after my boat made it back from tracker factory, I lost a considerable amount of speed. My first suspect was engine health. I went through basic diagnostic steps, replaced a slightly kinked fuel line and found I wasn’t acheieving the full 20* trim range. I carried the boat back mostly over the trim, bass pro claimed the trim was off by 3% and they made an adjustment. I verified with an angle finder after returning home that they indeed did make and adjustment because I was now getting the 20* I was supposed to when previously I was only recording 16*. I did gain some of the speed and rpm back but felt it was lacking still, I’ve added jack plate, and played with props and never have got back to full as new. Surely while at the factory, there wasn’t some kind of “ECM” flash, a detune put in place to reduce transom stress? Just curious if any one else wonders this as well?

2. Member
    I bet the boat is heavier now as you're probably like most us and collect more stuff like lures over time.
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

3. Member
    This is true. I think my biggest speed hit is adding the 3rd battery and x5