Green river lake conditions

I know the lake is up, but does anyone have any info on the water clarity? Hopefully it isn't muddy...
    Thanks for any help...

2. Member
    I heard the creeks are very muddy but good color main lake. However, if the creeks are that muddy its just a matter of days till it finds its way to the main lake
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Butler Creek, White Oak, and around Plum Point bridge were fine Tuesday with just a small amount of stain BUT we have had a lot of rain since then. I bet the feeder systems are dirty by now. Thursday as I drove across the tailwaters I noticed they are starting to release some water so it won't be long before what color there is gets pulled to the main body. Looking at the Corps water link it shows them not opening the gate until Friday but Thursday afternoon they were releasing water. Granted there was more water coming in than going out...inflow 5435 and predicted outflow for Friday 3030 (which I think they started the outflow Thursday afternoon).

http://www.lrl-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/grbdlb.txt

Purely a prediction/opinion on my part and I might be wrong but the main lake may get a little dirty but not a total brown mess all over the place by this weekend. The upper ends of the feeder systems "should" be a decent color by Saturday or Sunday but the water level will still be about 5 ft over summer pool this weekend.

I won't be back on the water until Monday and I plan on going Monday and Tuesday so if someone goes over the weekend I would gladly appreciate a water condition report.

4. Member
    I'm going to green in the morning, I'll post a report when I get home.

Thank you...many times people come on internet forums asking for information but don't follow with what happened.

I drove across the tailwaters today but I forgot to look at how steady they were letting water out. I also drove over to the old road bed where HWY 551 crossed the lake before it was impounded. Water coming out of the river was heavy stain but still fishable from what I could tell.

6. Member
    we have a 2 day tournament on green starting tomorrow , i haven't been up in the river Gene what would do.

replied to PM...but I did not see until day one had already started.