Stephen A. Forbes

Anybody ever fished here?

Just curious, I'll be there this weekend and know nothing about this lake.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3.0L
    Leveling Kit
    ARE Z Series Topper
    2050 Ranger Reata

2. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    sorry never been

Dale Sinclair original

3. Member
    Small jig and trailer within 10-15 of bank around cover (wood)

4. Member
    ' off bank

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    It's a nice Lake with nice ramps and Campground and store(years back). Last time we caught a small muskie right in Ramp cove. The only time we did well was fishing Topwater after a Big Rain(water still clear) by the Dam. I think I hooked a big striper- bent the hooks and never saw the Fish.Last time gave up after 3 hours and went to Knearney(?) Lake(real close) was pretty good for 12-14 inch Bass.

The ramp by the spill way is a huge release area. Has lots of grass and wood. Can get muddy after a rain.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Hey all,
    Just wanted to give an update. Partner and I fished this lake hard on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday we managed a nice 4# fish on a spinnerbait, as well as a few in the 12-14" to fill out our 5 fish limit, landed us in third around 8lb total. The rest were caught on creature baits flipping wood, we caught 14 fish total. First place team had 3 over 18" and ended with 14+lbs. Sunday we caught 21 fish, mostly on beavers, several will below 12" but many were nice 15-17" fish. Unfortunately bigger meant in the 14" to 18" slot and all had to be released. This dropped us down to 6th with only one keeper Sunday. Without the slot we would have been in business, oh well, it was a fun lake. The day 1 leaders had enough weight after day 1 to win, then only had 1 keeper sunday to finish with around 16lbs.

Blew a dang tire on the way home which is always fun on the interstate to change, only took 12 mins though.

Appreciate all the replies ya'll
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3.0L
    Leveling Kit
    ARE Z Series Topper
    2050 Ranger Reata

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman38 View Post
    Hey all,
    Just wanted to give an update. Partner and I fished this lake hard on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday we managed a nice 4# fish on a spinnerbait, as well as a few in the 12-14" to fill out our 5 fish limit, landed us in third around 8lb total. The rest were caught on creature baits flipping wood, we caught 14 fish total. First place team had 3 over 18" and ended with 14+lbs. Sunday we caught 21 fish, mostly on beavers, several will below 12" but many were nice 15-17" fish. Unfortunately bigger meant in the 14" to 18" slot and all had to be released. This dropped us down to 6th with only one keeper Sunday. Without the slot we would have been in business, oh well, it was a fun lake. The day 1 leaders had enough weight after day 1 to win, then only had 1 keeper sunday to finish with around 16lbs.

Blew a dang tire on the way home which is always fun on the interstate to change, only took 12 mins though.

Appreciate all the replies ya'll
    Nice report sounds like a good time
    Please release me,let me go.

Those slot limits are tough...it's like getting penalized for catching good fish. That's why I like doing kayak tournaments. We go by length and release them right away so we don't have to abide by any slot limits as we aren't holding on to them.