Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Get the hydraulic plate put on I didn’t and now I am fixing to have it done wish I would have done it to begin with it makes it so much easier to dial it in
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waknbass View Post
    spend the extra money on the hydro plate. Out of all the brands, I believe the Skeeter needs it the most.
    I agree 100%
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    I have a ranger w/ no plate, a bass cat w/ a hydro plate and my skeeter w/ a manual plate. I agree that most all boats can have their performance improved by them, but I will never have another hydro plate. in my opinion, a properly set manual plate is all I need. my boat has good hole shot, midrange and top end speed. I know the prop has a lot to do with all this as well

4. Member
    (correction) I had a ranger

5. Member
    If you want a good riding boat at lower speeds and want to be able to have good top end then a hydro is a must. Being able to burry the plate when its rough is a big deal for ride quality.

6. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    not the trailer issues again.
    did he really say trailer issues?
    Yes, uncorroborated BBC trailer issues. I had gotten a good look at an 18 ZX200 trailer at my club. It looked really sturdy and well made.

If your fishing style has you anywhere in shallow water, I wouldn't even question the plate. Get it. I did and glad I did. Rationalize, what's $1500 into a $50k+ purchase. Peanuts.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

7. Member
    I have a 2008 zx225 i bought new 10 years ago. I am currently looking to buy another new boat, it will be another zx225 more than likely. Only other boat i am considering is the basscat caracal just because of the deck layout, I just need to get in one and drive it first. With all that said Skeeter boats are second to none and some of the best on the water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12