Settinfg up 2018 X18 pfc

Just purchased boat and I'm into my three hour break in. Boat has Yamaha SHO 115 and yes I know should have went with 150 but we get what we can afford and make do. I have a 6 inch Manuel JP installed and the dealership has it set at 6 inches below pad. Boat is slow coming out of hole and at 6000 RPM its running 46 gps. It has PTR3R19 PROP. I'm thinking bump JP up to at least 4 inches below pad and make small adjustments from there if need be. Dealership will swap props one time only and I have to stay with powertech so I've had good results with a PTR NRS3R on another boat before but I'm undecided on what pitch, should I stay with the 19 pitch or drop down to 18 being the new prop will have more cup with a little more aggression. Any help or suggestions ? I FORGOT to mention my test runs were made with a whole lot of meat in the boat. Myself 272 lbs. , my fishing buddy 250 …yea we like to eat LOL.. The Ptr NRS3R I believe has vent holes and that might help coming of hole some..I'm happy with speed just not hole shot.
    Last edited by Bird 360; 09-27-2018 at 01:03 PM.

2. Member
    Ran boat again today.This time 4 inches ptp.Boat slow out of hole and at 6200 rpms 46.5 gps.Still think same prop with vented hole will help motor turn up and come out of hole better.Water pressure at 20 wot.

3. Member
    I usually always start prop to pad no more than 4". Most not all, usually end up sitting at 3.5" prop to pad height. There's a couple prop guys that are page sponsors on BBC that I'm sure can point you in the most correct direction. Call them and or email them with the specs of your equipment. They normally do some mathematical wizard formula stuff to get you real close to what you need.
    Johnny
    "Short Brown & Round"

Sun Tropic Outdoors & Shooting Team

Never heard of a SHO being slow out of the hole. That power tech prop must really be junk ( they almost all are)! SHO's do not require vent holes in the prop because of the torque they produce.
    20psi of water pressure is a lot for WOT. You need to raise the JP up until you get to 13-15psi at WOT. Then check RPMs and adjust prop pitch to get RPMs in the correct range. Prop to pad is just a starting point. Water psi at WOT and rpms should determine your PTP measurement. You raise or lower the JP depending on what these two factors tell you.
    Oh, did I mention to scrap the powertech prop??
    Xpress X19/200SHO