Thread: Shearon Harris

Shearon Harris

Anyone been on Shearon Harris lately? One of the ramps is open but im worried about any floating trees and logs. Anyone actually been on the lake to see how bid it is/was?

There last Saturday, upper ramp is fine, didn't see any debris.

Last weekend both ramps are open and the wate was coming down. I don’t think ever got that high to begin with. I saw one log floating.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

4. Member
    The water got dirtier up the arms but it was ok. No floaters that I saw, water temps 79-81 where I went. I had 2 bites all day, saw some schooling but couldn't hook up, didn't see a lot of people catching either.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

5. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I’m thinking about going tomorrow to do a break in on the new boat but worried about floaters. I would go to Jordan because it is a larger body of water but none of the ramps are open. Don’t want to be “that guy” on the lake tomorrow waking up a storm if I go but I need to get her broken in. For those that have gone, how busy do the ramps get around noon? I’ll be launching by myself which I have done with previous vessels and I do my best to get off the ramp as quickly as possible but have hear Shearon can get crazy at times.

6. Banned
    What kind of boat have you purchased??

In my experiences Harris isn’t affected by these rain events like Jordan..

These guys will be on Harris tomorrow

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....42#post9692842

Added: Buddy of mine fished Harris today.. Water was calm and clean.
    Last edited by CigarBasser; 09-28-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

8. Member
    Big Cashion Rods tournament on Sharon Harris tomorrow, I heard Tillery was looking good now.

9. Member
    Yeah im about 45 minutes from shearon and don’t want to drive 2 hours to Tillery. I guess I may wait till next weekend. I have Friday off so hopefully a lesser chance of bothering people. Let alone a tournament.

I just got a brand new 2017 Nitro Z21 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDrb View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I’m thinking about going tomorrow to do a break in on the new boat but worried about floaters. I would go to Jordan because it is a larger body of water but none of the ramps are open. Don’t want to be “that guy” on the lake tomorrow waking up a storm if I go but I need to get her broken in. For those that have gone, how busy do the ramps get around noon? I’ll be launching by myself which I have done with previous vessels and I do my best to get off the ramp as quickly as possible but have hear Shearon can get crazy at times.
    Noon is when the pleasure boats start coming out so the ramp gets busier. But we pulled out at 1PM last Sunday and the parking lot at Crosspoint was only about 2/3 full. Since the improved the other ramp this winter, maybe it is pulling people over there.

As far as being by your own, just use the curtesy dock and do your best to be efficient. Don’t do stupid stuff like wait until you are on the ramp to get the boat read to launch and you will be OK.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

11. Banned
    Congrats on your boat. Looked at one a while back and they are beautiful boats!!! Best of luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDrb View Post
    Yeah im about 45 minutes from shearon and don’t want to drive 2 hours to Tillery. I guess I may wait till next weekend. I have Friday off so hopefully a lesser chance of bothering people. Let alone a tournament.

I just got a brand new 2017 Nitro Z21 Pro
    You should not be concerned with bothering anyone. Even when trimmed down, a bass boat makes much lass wake than the pleasure boats out there. No one is even going to notice you are there.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

13. Member
    Yeah I’m not new to boating. When i start backing down its to get the boat in, started, and get my truck parked and out of the way. I was hoping with football season and hunting season now there would be a little less of a crowd. It is what it is I guess. I think i may try tomorrow morning or early next Friday. Thanks for all the info guys I really appreciate it.

14. Member
    Harris is just fine. Both ramps open. Water level about normal. Water temps 78. Took 5 @ 27.14 lbs. to win the PBC Cashion Rods Tournament yesterday. Catching wasn't too bad. 7th place was 12.12. 'Playing the Slots' at Harris is fun for some and a pain for others!! Great lake to fish!! Early morning bite was fantastic!!!

15. Member
    Thanks again for all the info guys. I got her put in this morning around 8. Pleasure boats came out in full force around 1030 but I was early enough to beat the majority of the croud. I feel bad for one guy in a jon boat fishing in the middle of the channel. Had to have past him about 20 times haha. She is broken in though! And i was able to fish some. First cast in the new rig and caught a 3lb channel cat. Thought it was a big bass for a minute. Few casts latter caught a decent 2lb largemouth. Found a lot of bait at the mouths of creeks and back in the coves but only graphed a few bass following them.