Humminbird interference - mostly solved

I have 2 1197's networked and side imaging on both units (HDSI ducer mounted on the bottom of the trolling motor). 36V Fortrex. Ive literally tried everything to get rid of white out interference from grounding (-) of trolling to (-) of cranking... troller skeg to (-) of troller ... cranker ... both. Moving wires from one side of the boat to the other. Dedicated direct power. Ferrite rings on Network cable, power cable, trolling motor power, transducer cable.

The only thing that got rid of 85% of the noise was to take a screw from the skeg of the trolling motor to the network port of the 1197.

got rid of about 50% by taking the trolling motor skeg to the (-) of the power supply of the unit.

I know this makes no sense, but if i do the skeg to the (-) AND the network port, its about 65% removed.

The best resolution for me was Skeg to network port.

i hope this helps someone. ive literally spent days on this.

2. Member
    Have you inserted the power choke that is placed near the foot pedal. This is an in line device that the 36volts flows through (unlike the ferrite rings). It is sold by Minn Kota. This gave me the best results on my 1197 along with what you have done. Ground wires can be tuff, and vary from boat to boat as to which connection works best. 85% may be as good as it is going to get.

3. Member
    is yours gone 100%?

4. Member
    No, there was always a very faint fog with the 1197 . All the detail was visible, but just that very faint fog when the trolling motor was running. I had the same exact issue when I upgraded to the Onix also. All this with the Minn Kota Fortrex(one great motor-never been in the shop, and is presently my backup motor for the Ultrex). Then I added the 360, no need to run the trolling motor while using it ,therefore, the 360 had no issues with the image. Then I upgraded to the Ultrex, with the same 360 tranducer but a different mount to fit the Ultrex. Crystal clear images like your see in the magazines with or without the trolling motor running for all( SI, DI, 360).
    My 1197 would not work with the 360, therefore the upgrade to the Onix. I use mainly the 360 while fishing. SI and DI when running the outboard and searching. It sounds like Minn Kota is about to release some new models in the near future for the main units as well as the 360. When they will be available for purchase is anyones guess.