Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kissimmee PIG TRAIL?

Is the PIG trail open? Can it be run safely?
    I know it was clogged a few months back.

2. Member
    Nope, still blocked as far as I know....it's debatable weather running the pig trail was ever "safe". Even when it was open, I'd take the extra 10 mins to go around...not worth getting killed....or messing up the boat

3. Member
    As of yesterday (9/27/18) you still can't get through. It appears some air boats have been running through and opening it up a bit, but still couldn't get a boat through.

4. Member
    No !
    2014 Z119c
    225 Pro X\S
    Lowrance
    Powerpoles

5. Member
    Good morning all. Ok im new to the scene and trying to learn the fishing spots, and names. I live in Kissimmee, right off Downtown Kissimmee Lake. Where is the Pig Tail or other good places within 50 mile radius?

Thanks
    Eric

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebuck155 View Post
    Good morning all. Ok im new to the scene and trying to learn the fishing spots, and names. I live in Kissimmee, right off Downtown Kissimmee Lake. Where is the Pig Tail or other good places within 50 mile radius?

Thanks
    Eric
    Lake Toho is right in your backyard and has some of the best fishing around. It is in the “chain” connected to Lake Kissimmee via lock with great fishing between Toho and Kissimmee in Cypress and Hatchineha. I know guys that never fish any Lake other than Kissimmee and have been that way for years.

7. Member

Thanks
    Eric
    The Pig Trail is an old airboat trail that cuts through Lemon Point and Storm Island on Lake Kissimmee. It saves about eight miles going from Camp Mack to North Cove. Its an ok shortcut when the water is high and the vegetation has not blown around and clogged it up.

8. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Where is the Pig Trail? Thanks
    Eric
    Cut that's inside the red circle..

9. Member
    I haven't been through it in years. Even when it was "open" was still a little hairy and not very safe to go through.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

10. Member
    All you guys are awesome!!!!! I fished in Kissimmee 3 weeks ago and the water temp was 90 degrees, they were deep, 11-15 but i couldnt get them to bite anything. Hoping cooler weather changes that.

11. Member
    So, Joe Overstreet Landing, best place to launch the boat?

12. Member
    So, Joe Overstreet Landing, best place to launch the boat?
    Nope, Camp Mack is your best bet, or Cypress fish camp....IMO

13. Member
    Great thanks 514-1

Eric

14. Member
    I'd definitely put in at Overstreets if I lived in Kissimmee and wanted to fish the main lake. Way too far to drive to Camp Mack.
    Current: 2014 Sportsman Masters 207/150 Yamaha
    9 previous Rangers

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flranger View Post
    I'd definitely put in at Overstreets if I lived in Kissimmee and wanted to fish the main lake. Way too far to drive to Camp Mack.
    My recommendation as well ... and do NOT skip fishing Cypress or Hatchineha.
    The biggest fish I've caught on the entire chain came from those lakes.
    Just saying, they are very overlooked by most of the anglers out there. Enjoy!

16. Member
    Didn't see where he lived in Kissimmee yeah overstreet's is his best bet for sure

17. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    When Cypress was weedless the cattails held so many fish I would stay in that lake the entire day sometimes. Hatchineha has been very good to me as well over the years, mainly northeast side of the lake. I’ve always stayed away from the hole by each of the connecting canals. During the week those canals will hold some fish too!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

18. Member
    Well, I guess im just an idiot cause we looked for about 2 hours for this spot and couldn't find it. We followed the gps and it had us in the entry point but the further we went in, about 1/2 mile the more it moved us out of it.. we went down every opening we could find and nothing, uggggggg.. Nice lake though, had a few bites caught a 1lb bass, lost about a 6 pounder, had it up to the boat and spit it out once I began to bring it up out of water, she was a nice one, then lost about a 2 pounder. Anyhow, still new to this so, lots of learning, gotta learn how to use all this tackle. Still a great day casue I was out in the boat and better yet, fishing!!!

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    The Pig Trail is an old airboat trail that cuts through Lemon Point and Storm Island on Lake Kissimmee. It saves about eight miles going from Camp Mack to North Cove. Its an ok shortcut when the water is high and the vegetation has not blown around and clogged it up.
    I’ve fished the lake many of times but have never gone into the pig trail. What is so dangerous about it
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

20. Member
    Whiteboat, I missed your post, it must have been clogged up because I could not find it and the GPS had me right in it!!??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast