Question I 75 Constrution North, South of and through Atlanta

Hey guys...headin south to Fla Tuesday....haven't taken I 75 through Atlanta in a few years...was a lot 10 miles north or so, some in Atlanta, and a lot 10 miles or so, south....any of that eased/cleared up?...been going I 65 south, Birmingham, to Tifton then down...thanks in advance guys, Jim.

2. Member
    I know the stuff on the North side up around Marietta is getting close to wrapping up, they have been working on installing the new express lanes. No idea on the South end.

3. Member
    75 south once on the other side of 285 (southside) is very congested for miles and miles unless you can hit it before about 3:00. From where 675 merges into 75 is a not so fun drive until you get below the McDonough exits.

4. Member
    FYI. I-65 through Bham is a MAD HOUSE north and south ends. Construction..........................
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

hum, was hopin most construction was done both ends of Atlanta....Birmingham a mess now?!?….lol, just gonna hafta choose to stay some day, north or south...lol....now, lesser of 2 evils......thanks guys, Jim.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Haven't been thru B'ham in 6 months but wasn't too bad. North side was the worst as long as you don't hit is at rush hour you should be OK. Kids lived up on the north side of the city and wasn't bad. South side to Montgomery they were doing some re-paving but were doing that at night. Should be smooth sailing from Tifton to the FL line. Nothing on 75 in FL until you get close to Tampa.

7. Member
    I-75 south on Atlanta construction is mostly finished.....with that said -Traffic can be a mad house -Get thu Atlanta before or after rush hour...... Stop at BassPro in Macon on your way down, there is also an Acadamey Sports in Macon..... Cabelas is on 75 North of Atlanta...let me know if you need help....