Thread: 1991 370v parts

1991 370v parts

Just picked up 91 370v as my project boat.Any idea on dashboard overlay panel.If I cant find one I guess making it is all that is left.These old parts are hard to find.I run a 2007 z20 hope parts don,t get that hard.

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    you can have one made by sending in the old one to Ranger and they will make you a new one? about $120 I think is what my friend paid for his a couple years ago but it's nice and lettered an all, I made my own and then used stickers instead of the way it is by Ranger but it looks good to me Attachment 340833
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

3. Member
    thank you talked to Ranger and sent it in $150.00 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by greenbass View Post
    Just picked up 91 370v as my project boat.Any idea on dashboard overlay panel.If I cant find one I guess making it is all that is left.These old parts are hard to find.I run a 2007 z20 hope parts don,t get that hard.
    A red 370V was my first Ranger boat. It was great. Kind of slow, but a great fishing platform and a great introduction to Ranger. Now I can't say the same for the 150 Johnson GT that was on the back of it.

5. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsb0824 View Post
    A red 370V was my first Ranger boat. It was great. Kind of slow, but a great fishing platform and a great introduction to Ranger. Now I can't say the same for the 150 Johnson GT that was on the back of it.
    GT 150/XP 150,,,one of the best old motors made(but I am biased).....as was the 300 series Ranger boats. Great sturdy(slow) boats.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

6. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    I took the old ones off the old Rangers I restored and took 1/4 plexi glass and had the backside coated either woodgrain or custom color and cut and drilled for gauges and switches. Kinda custom look.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

7. Member
    just got the panel back from ranger looks great how I need a deck extension. Any ideas?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    GT 150/XP 150,,,one of the best old motors made(but I am biased).....as was the 300 series Ranger boats. Great sturdy(slow) boats.
    I don't agree with the "slow" comment at all. I had a '91 361-V / GT 150 that ran mid sixties all day long. You couldn't smell that today with one of Ranger's new 18' / 150 hp rigs.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericm View Post
    I had a '91 361-V / GT 150 that ran mid sixties all day long. You couldn't smell that today with one of Ranger's new 18' / 150 hp rigs.
    True, but bear in mind that today’s 518 is a longer, wider, significantly heavier boat than a 361.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    True, but bear in mind that today’s 518 is a longer, wider, significantly heavier boat than a 361.
    Good point but I really think Ranger is lacking a niche in the market. They've relegated the 150 hp buyers to the "slow bus". A fast agile 18' rig is perfect for fishing the Ohio River and other similar waterways. Heck I fished Lake Erie and Lake Ontario for 12 years in a 361 and never had an issue.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    To circle back around to the OP: Not many guys put a brand new motor on a project boat, but a 370 with a G2 150–while not “fast” on top end—definitely would be quick and agile. No doubt that today’s Ranger lineup is biased toward wide boats with lots of storage and deck space, but motor choices with exceptional torque and acceleration compared to engines from yesteryear helps. It’s also cool that there are still vintage Rangers out there for those who appreciate them. Here’s hoping greenbass enjoys his project! Greenbass, if you search, I’m sure you can find deck extension ideas (build yourself) in the archives of this forum or bassboat restorations. Finding carpet that would match might be impossible, however, unless you recarpet the whole boat. Ranger Parts is a good source for carpet, so long as you’re not trying to match nearly 30-year-old colors....

12. Member
    ordered precut hope it works out

13. Member
    Let us know how the precut carpet turns out. I need to carpet my 364. Have been leaning precut just cause all the corners and what not in the seat pan.

14. Member
    Just got precut carpet , cut deck for trolling motor pan.keeping working live well so got to glass a little then carpet.Moving along

15. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar

Would be nice to see some pics.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!