Bass Master Classic - MLF

With all the hoopla going on I have a few questions.

1. Will the bass master qualifiers still fish the classic? I assume so but that's going to be awkward at the last weigh in for them.
    2. So the line for years I have heard from these pros about the dream of winning a classic is just BS ? It's more about the $$$.
    3. Will the future classic winners be debated or have an * by their win since the KVD's & Hackney's of the world aren't fishing against them?

Will the classic still be the end all be all? I know it supposed to be good for the sport and all but it kind of waters down the competition in the classic don't it?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrochad View Post

1. Will the bass master qualifiers still fish the classic? I assume so but that's going to be awkward at the last weigh in for them.
    2. So the line for years I have heard from these pros about the dream of winning a classic is just BS ? It's more about the $$$.
    3. Will the future classic winners be debated or have an * by their win since the KVD's & Hackney's of the world aren't fishing against them?

Will the classic still be the end all be all? I know it supposed to be good for the sport and all but it kind of waters down the competition in the classic don't it?

They wanted to win the classic so they could make money. Sets you up with sponsors for years and stabilizes a career.

3. Banned
    Hopefully they will still allow the MLF guys to try and qualify through the opens, otherwise the classic is gonna lose alot of shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend LE-195 View Post
    Hopefully they will still allow the MLF guys to try and qualify through the opens, otherwise the classic is gonna lose alot of shine.
    Duckett said he felt like some MLF anglers would also still fish the Opens and the Costas.

5. Banned
    1. Of course they will. As of now it’s still the biggest and most prestigious tournament there is. Of course they want to win it.

2. Of course it’s about the money. Why would they stay somewhere and struggle to get by. Money Is the reason we almost all go to work?

3. For awhile yes. In time I doubt it.

1. Will the bass master qualifiers still fish the classic? I assume so but that's going to be awkward at the last weigh in for them.-Yes, from what has been said so far by both organizations the guys that leave for MLF that are still Classic qualified will get to fish it
    2. So the line for years I have heard from these pros about the dream of winning a classic is just BS ? It's more about the $$$.{b] I think both reasons motivate the guys trying to win one[/b]
    3. Will the future classic winners be debated or have an * by their win since the KVD's & Hackney's of the world aren't fishing against them? Same question can be asked of MLF wins going forward, do they truly have the "best" anglers out there right now?

Will the classic still be the end all be all? Gonna be tough to top and MLF has a big task to do so, the Duckett interview made it sound like they would do their own thing and try to make their Cup a huge dealI know it supposed to be good for the sport and all but it kind of waters down the competition in the classic don't it? For now it also hinders the up and comers that are trying to get a pro career going past the Opens/Costas in a sense
    That is just my own take on it.

I believe it was Evers on BTL the other day that talked about how BASS was allowing everyone who qualified to fish it next year, regardless of where they’re fishing.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

We didn't put an asterisk next to the guys who won it without the Parkers and Nixons, and Brauers fishing against them. Things evolve and move on. They will have their new stars quick.