Thread: Sangchris Lake

Sangchris Lake

Fishing there on Saturday most likely...any advice is welcome :)

2. Member
    If you use the strawkus ramp, drive slow. The entrance is full of potholes. Only been there once, didn't do good.

I think a couple clubs are having their end of year classics over the next two weekends so there may be a bit more traffic than usual. Lake temps were 82 on northern east arm and 78 on southern east arm last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    I think a couple clubs are having their end of year classics over the next two weekends so there may be a bit more traffic than usual. Lake temps were 82 on northern east arm and 78 on southern east arm last weekend.
    I think there is one on Sunday. We have a kayak tournament going out of the west ramp tomorrow.

Kayaks, eh? Well I’ll let you all be on the west arm and stay out your way. Sorry, I’ve beem hitting up the east arm mostly the last few times I’ve been there so don’t have much info for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    Kayaks, eh? Well I’ll let you all be on the west arm and stay out your way. Sorry, I’ve beem hitting up the east arm mostly the last few times I’ve been there so don’t have much info for ya.
    I'll be making my way over to the east arm... only 12 of us so you won't be bothering anyone. If you see a black and Orange kayak about 14' long with a green bladed paddle make sure to say hey.

Well, for never seeing the lake it treated me pretty well. I went from the West ramp all the way to the dam and fished a bay near the dam. Caught a 15.5", 17.5", 18.25", 18.50" and a 19.00" bass in a matter of an hour once I figured out how they were setting up. Took the W and a little cash home. It's a fun lake...I will be back next year.

8. Member
    WOW! Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Well, for never seeing the lake it treated me pretty well. I went from the West ramp all the way to the dam and fished a bay near the dam. Caught a 15.5", 17.5", 18.25", 18.50" and a 19.00" bass in a matter of an hour once I figured out how they were setting up. Took the W and a little cash home. It's a fun lake...I will be back next year.
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MSI/Humminbird Helix 9 MDI+/Humminbird Mega 360

10. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Nicely done. That lake holds a lot of nice bass.

Dale Sinclair original

11. Member
    The lake is not what it once was. We had Lilly pads in just about every cove now their gone. So we've lost allot of cover. Nowadays you got to pitch a jig in just about every brush pile you see or else it's a dink fest.

12. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by illini71 View Post
    The lake is not what it once was. We had Lilly pads in just about every cove now their gone. So we've lost allot of cover. Nowadays you got to pitch a jig in just about every brush pile you see or else it's a dink fest.
    Yep, I use to crappie fish those pad stems in the winter and caught some toad crappie. I miss fishing those pads.

Dale Sinclair original