Banned

St Joe river sslmon?

I'm looking to take my son for his first salmon adventure.I have a glass boat and a aluminium rig and can't decide which one to use.If anyone can clue me in on sections of the river to target and water depths I would appreciate it.Thanks

2. Member
    They are in every section of the river now.......... think creek mouths..........

3. Member
    It's been a long time since I have been over there but I remember fishing up by a sportsman's club..
    I would take the Aluminum boat with a good anchor..We used to fish out of my buddies 16 footer with a 40hp outboard and it worked well..
    We had some great luck on steelhead in late fall and had the river to ourselves..
    We just basically vertical jigged spawn..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

I've always been told below the dam at Berrien Springs was the best for salmon and steelhead. We get quite a few steelhead and coho in the Mishawaka and South Bend part of the St.Joe. We don't see very many Kings though.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Craft View Post
    I've always been told below the dam at Berrien Springs was the best for salmon and steelhead. We get quite a few steelhead and coho in the Mishawaka and South Bend part of the St.Joe. We don't see very many Kings though.
    That would make sense because after jogging my memory it was the Berrien County sportsman's club that I referred to in my first comment.....https://bcsportsmansclub.com/
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

6. Member
    https://paddleandpole.com/

Berrien fish ladder cam