Heading to the Big O soon are they biting?

Heading to the Big O soon are they biting? Fish the north west side most of the time.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

2. Member
    I just fished the 2 day BFL this past weekend. Finished 18th. Catching shad spawn fish on the outside kissimmee grass with white dipper style baits just south of Indian Prairie Canal. Flipped matted hyacinth mats the rest of the day for the bigger bites. The winner had 53 lbs for two days flipping hyacinth mats also.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    What kind of depth were you in? Has the lake risen at all with all of the rains that we have gotten this year? Thanks, thinking of going down the end of October.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by kgfishing View Post
    I just fished the 2 day BFL this past weekend. Finished 18th. Catching shad spawn fish on the outside kissimmee grass with white dipper style baits just south of Indian Prairie Canal. Flipped matted hyacinth mats the rest of the day for the bigger bites. The winner had 53 lbs for two days flipping hyacinth mats also.
    Thanks Kyle !

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

5. Member
    Monkey box and the West Wall along the shoal have been producing a lot of smaller/medium size bites. Big ones are in the junk for sure though. I'm headed there this weekend.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

6. Member
    The lake is up a little bit but not crazy. Water for the most part is actually not bad. Lots of algae bloom around but the fish are still biting really good. Water has a green tint to it and kinda reminds me of the color of TVA water. The fish are not everywhere. If you get a quality bite def need to slow down and start picking the area apart. I was prolly sitting in 3.5 ft of water most of the. I caught some up shallower but most of those were smaller.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

www.kgfishing.com

7. Member
    The lake is up a little bit but not crazy. Water for the most part is actually not bad. Lots of algae bloom around but the fish are still biting really good. Water has a green tint to it and kinda reminds me of the color of TVA water. The fish are not everywhere. If you get a quality bite def need to slow down and start picking the area apart. I was prolly sitting in 3.5 ft of water most of the. I caught some up shallower but most of those were smaller.
    Where did you see algae still? I haven't seen any anywhere in weeks.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LuistLTZ View Post
    Where did you see algae still? I haven't seen any anywhere in weeks.

I was around Indian Prairie canal. The surface of the water was still milky. Water underneath it was clean though. you could it up with the trolling motor and see the color of the water.

www.kgfishing.com

9. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    I was around Indian Prairie canal. The surface of the water was still milky. Water underneath it was clean though. you could it up with the trolling motor and see the color of the water.
    Found an area like that prefishing on Kissimme earlier this year. Water was pea green on top, but after we trolled through, it left a clear(ish) trail.. Fish were biting so we saved it for the next day.. Showed up the next morning to a boat every 50'.

10. Member
    Anybody headed out there this weekend? I was thinking about going tomorrow but the wind is looking pretty crazy.

I'm here and will be fishing every day unless there is some storms and lighting.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    I'm here and will be fishing every day unless there is some storms and lighting.
    Are they biting?

13. Banned

There was a lightning storm up here in Citrus County (N.of Tampa) I'd be surprised if there is any lightning left. I sat out there for a good 45 min. and it never let up. Tons of different things are visible when it hits right over head. We are at an intersection of Ley Lines so 'just about every day' there has been thunder/lightning.

I'll try and keep it up here so You can enjoy Your holiday. (water is still warm, warm)

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m in Wesley Chapel, will you please send that rain just a little south? I’ve watched the light show and heard the thunder 3 nights in a row now but it’s not getting down here to me! Help a little wont ya?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

15. Banned
    Heading to the Big O soon are they biting? Fish the north west side most of the time.
    Hot as hell, OVERCROWDED and way tooo many snowbirds. Id avoid Florida al together!!!!!!

Hot, WINDY and sloooowwww bite!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

17. Member
    Hot, WINDY and sloooowwww bite!
    Glad I skipped this weekend!

Ext. forecast is 8-10mph winds through next Tuesday. I'll have to go back to Ohio to catch some fish. What's up with that!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

19. Member
    Ext. forecast is 8-10mph winds through next Tuesday. I'll have to go back to Ohio to catch some fish. What's up with that!
    Can I come with?? Haha

Heading north disappointing trip this year.

Busted boat last year (not the Champ) and never got on the lake and was hoping for at least a little make up. Oh well next year at this point.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"