Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    So what is the difference if you are power loading the last 2' or winching it the last 2'???? You are still "dragging" the boat on the bunks......what am i missing.....

Thats what I was wondering too while reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    Thank you sir,, That stuff looks like it might come in handy for several things

3. Member
    Put them on my new boat the first time it was ever launched. Discovered hull blisters on previous boat and despite what anyone says every boat that is used often where the carpet does not get prolonged time to dry out already has or will develop them but to most ignorance is bliss.

4. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Fish View Post
    Put them on my new boat the first time it was ever launched. Discovered hull blisters on previous boat and despite what anyone says every boat that is used often where the carpet does not get prolonged time to dry out already has or will develop them but to most ignorance is bliss.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Thats what I was wondering too while reading this.
    I am an engineer by training but have no data about what I'm going to say. When I used to power load, I raised my jackplate and motor was tilted like on plane. This drives the back of the boat on a downward angle to the bunks. When I winch this is not the case and my overweight body is not in the boat. 225lb in the back of a boat is 10% increase in hull weight.

Plus, I had a complete stranger come up to me on a 15mph wind day when I loaded in a narrow canal. He told me that was the easiest he ever saw someone load a boat. Changed my outlook from being cool reving motors to 4000rpm in 24 inches of water to an almost silent load with almost no RPM, no noise, no stirring up the bottom. Takes me about 15 seconds to crank the boat up.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    I am an engineer by training but have no data about what I'm going to say. When I used to power load, I raised my jackplate and motor was tilted like on plane. This drives the back of the boat on a downward angle to the bunks. When I winch this is not the case and my overweight body is not in the boat. 225lb in the back of a boat is 10% increase in hull weight.

Plus, I had a complete stranger come up to me on a 15mph wind day when I loaded in a narrow canal. He told me that was the easiest he ever saw someone load a boat. Changed my outlook from being cool reving motors to 4000rpm in 24 inches of water to an almost silent load with almost no RPM, no noise, no stirring up the bottom. Takes me about 15 seconds to crank the boat up.

Def plausible and makes sense when you picture loading a boat.

7. Member
    I don't understand the issues with the powerloading. I have seen zero issues and I powerload with my Gatorbaks. I do however drop the trailer all the way in the drink to wet the bunks first, then pull it up until very little of the fender shows. Works almost every time. What I find funny, in Michigan you can't power load and it seems to take the exact same amount of time to load the boat. Seems to me that whether you power load or not, the timing is about the same.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I do find that the GB's are "sticky" vs. carpet......nothing wrong with that. I could also see that if you are power loading maybe it could "pull" on the GB's and stretch them out (so to speak), wear down the ribs, etc.....no i'll power load if i have about 1' or so but i'll also cut engine off and winch it up.....all the ramps i use in fishing are completely different from one another.....i'm going on about 2 yrs now that i have GB's and no issues, not wearing out, etc. BUT i'll say i probably dont fish as much as others......i have tried the spray on lube that Drew mentions but i find that didnt help any with making it slicker on the loading....i just say that it's rubber and rubber will not be slick......

But i do LOVE my GB's.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123