2007 Puma upgrade questions

Guys,
    im back in the BCB family with a super fine 07 Puma. I had a few questions about upgrades I’d like to make and hoped some of y’all have been down this road and had pictures to share with your knowledge and experience.

Trailer fenders are are new but have no decals, can y’all tell me what should be on them? The previous owner lost a battle with a light pole in a parking lot brawl thus I got two brand new fenders with the current led lights :)

TM upgraded to a 36 volt 101 fortrex, but the cranking battery is a part of the set up. I’m not a fan of this, how should I add the 4 battery to the compartment?

The 07 still has the old style deck lights, should I convert those to the newer leds or would i get more bang for my buck on adding a Bluewater deck light kit to the boat? If Bluewater is the answer, are they pretty easy to install. Is there a certain kit that works well with the Puma?

Thats really all I have my mind set on currently, but I’m definitely open to any and all suggestions on ways to make this amazing boat even better.

I fell in love with my 92 P2 years ago, tested the waters on the other brands and now I’m glad to be home!!!

Id post a pic if I could figure it out but I’m not the greatest with that on this site.

Thx in advance friends,
    Danny

2. Member
    As per the fender decals, the best way is to google some BCB pics. I believe there is only one decal on the fender.
    Go to the BCB store. They will have all the decals you would like to add. https://www.basscatstore.com/decals.aspx
    The Hull decals are a nice upgrade.
    The BCB LED deck light upgrade is nice. Work well and bright. As for Blue water, that would be to your personal liking. If you have locker lights, the Blue waters are a nice upgrade, though BCB has their own LED locker light strips. I have installed those in one of my BCB.

I had a 98 Jag that I upgraded. Look in my profile albums for pics.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

3. Member
    One BCB logo on each fender, you can order those from the BassCat store.
    Only other comment is the battery situation, 3 batteries can be fine, with the correct batteries. Mike Whitten has his Puma for sale on the BassCat for sale page.
    PM him and he can tell you what batteries he has always used for that set up.

4. Member
    I have an 07 and do not have any decals on fenders. I think it is cleaner as there is BCB in enough places on the trailer and boat. The BCB store has just about any factory decal you could want. I added a carpet decal and logos to the inside gunwales. I run a 36V set up with 4 batteries. 3 group 31 duracell lead acids and one Deka group 31 AGM for cranking. Lots of weight but lithium's are too expensive for my taste. Plus I feel that boat likes a little weight in the back to run better.

5. Member
    Mine is 2015, but here are the decals. The larger one in the middle is domed

Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

6. Member
    Come to think of it mine has the small decal on back step but not the decal in the middle.

7. Member
    On converting the older style flip lights to the newer led lights, when you order it says with panel, or without panel. What exactly does that mean?

Thanks guys
    Danny

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    On converting the older style flip lights to the newer led lights, when you order it says with panel, or without panel. What exactly does that mean?

Thanks guys
    Danny
    You will need the panel. It covers the old flip style light opening. The new boats come without the panel. Drilled for only the switch and light.
    Keep us updated on your upgrades.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

9. Member
    Ah ha. Thx CajunHunter!!!!

10. Banned
    Upgraded lights installed. Compartment and trailer LED lighting can be gotten at Wally world for next to nothing. Lights are mounted in the frame beam itself so at night while traveling, light reflects off of boat. Been on my trailer for close to 10yrs now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Phisherman; 07-19-2019 at 01:54 PM.

11. Member
    Those look great Eddie!!

12. Member
    Excellent work! Looking great!! Nothing like the feeling of doing the work yourself and watching your rig completely change!
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

13. Banned
    Thanks for the comment. I have done everything myself, other than wet sand and seat re upholster seats. Poles, graphs, steering system, motor maintenance, wiring and I am sure a few more things, lol. I would like to see aupgraded power outlet because that one looks tacky when you have a chrome kleet and the new light. takes away from the flow of attractiveness
    Last edited by Phisherman; 07-22-2019 at 09:06 AM.