ECHO MAP series lake vu map ?

Went to bass pro today and ran an echo map plus unit for a while in sim mode. I was impress all but one issue. I could not find any water level off set in mapping set up. I live on bull shoals last year the lake level change 45 ft. 15 low and 30 high so a map program with out an off set would not be much good for me. So did i miss it or is it not available.

2. Member
    It's there. You need to be viewing the map. Menu->Quickdraw Contours->Settings->

There you'll find two. User Display Offset is the one you want. There is also a Recording Offset. That's for making your own Quickdraw maps. These both should be adjusted relative to full pool. So if you are 15 ft below full pool enter -15 for the Display Offset. If you are recording quickdraw maps you need +15 to make the measured depth what the depth would be at full pool. And of course, if you are in flood stage, just the opposite.

TVA publishes hourly elevations of their lakes. Whoever runs the dam on your lake probably does too. If you do any Quickdraw mapping and don't take this into account, you're wasting your time. I don't think there is a way to adjust the recordings after the fact.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

If you are referring to your built-in LakeVu HD mapping and not QuickDraw, then you would need to purchase the LakeVu HD Ultra accessory card for this feature (Dynamic Lake Level). With the card, you then can adjust the actual depth of the contours relative to lake level fluctuations.

HD vs Ultra.JPG
    Garmin Pro Team