Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Went with 1980 w/ gen 2

Bought 1980 w/ gen 2 150. The guys at Days marine are good people. Matter of fact should be illegal that a purchase go so smoothly. the great part is they have another

2. Member
    Congrats. I’m picking up my ordered 1980 with a merc 150 ProXS this coming Sat.

3. Member
    I got lucky and walked in and picked mine off florr

4. Member
    I could of done that but wanted certain features like, tilt steering, tandem trailer and the Mercury ProXS. Did you get an Ultrex TM? I heard mine came with the newest version which has the transducer mounted in the TM body. My waiting is almost over.

5. Member
    Congrats. Sitting in driveway waiting for the rain to quit. Got 112 ultrex w/ foot pedal for gen 2, and trim on wheel.

6. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bpayne View Post
    Congrats. Sitting in driveway waiting for the rain to quit. Got 112 ultrex w/ foot pedal for gen 2, and trim on wheel.
    Nice.

8. Member
    112 Ultrex? how did you do that thats 36 volts and they come 24 volts from the factory which would be the 80 Ultrex... I was told they arent rated for 36 volts

9. Member
    Boat was sitting in show room with an 80 and when I told them what I wanted they rigged it on the spot.

10. Member
    Boat was sitting in show room with an 80 and when I told them what I wanted they rigged it on the spot.
    That shows good customer service right on the spot to get that baby a new home!!

11. Member
    Thats great! I ordered mine but the 112 wasnt an option at the time (went with the 2080) WOuld you mind posting a pic of the battery compartment? just curious the location they mounted the extra battery and the charger they had to switch out

thanks in advance

12. Member
    AS FAST AS THEY GET A NEW VEXUS IN, ITS SOLD, WE GOT YOUR LAST TWO BOATS FROM THEM, THEY ARE GREAT TO DEAL WITH !!!!!

13. Member
    Will post pics of any questions you have

14. bayousmallie
    Well glad to see some people getting there boats.
    Still waiting on the 1980 c.c. Have everything ready
    insurance and small loan on it.
    Hoping it will be ready by sometime in October.
    Its been a long wait. Since March.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayousmallie View Post
    Well glad to see some people getting there boats.
    Still waiting on the 1980 c.c. Have everything ready
    insurance and small loan on it.
    Hoping it will be ready by sometime in October.
    Its been a long wait. Since March.
    yeah I’ve been waiting since March to get a boat also, although not necessarily a VeXus. But very glad I switched gears from the RT 198 and went with the VeXus. Just like the newer design and upgraded features. Almost time to go fishing

16. Member
    Good to hear your getting it Saturday,a little anxious, hard to get to sleep, figured out first trip, what’s the largest caught in dream?

17. Member
    Days has a few instock. Sharp looking.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UkCatsBasser View Post
    Days has a few instock. Sharp looking.
    Want to second the opinions about the customer service at Day’s. Bill, Chad and all the guys in service are fantastic. Got my 1980 about three weeks ago. Heading to Cumberland on Friday. I have the 112 Ultrex on it because I took it off my Ranger 521VX when I sold it. No problem getting four batteries back there. The guys at Day’s put it in and it looks great. The G2 pops it up on plane instantly. It’s a much smoother ride than I anticipated.

Two nitpicking notes - you’ll have a hard time getting a 12 inch Humminbird mounted on the console! They did it but it is a tight fit. The rod storage is plentiful but the handle rests are not tall enough for spinning rods. I spent the morning fabricating one out of some spare Corian that just happened to coordinate well with the carpet.

On on the positive side, the dual console is a nice feature, there is tons of storage, the seats leave plenty of leg room for old fat guys, you can almost ski behind it with a 112! Spend the money and get the tandem axle trailer - it trailers like a dream.

19. Member
    I would totally agree about the tandem trailer. I just drove mine home from Phoenix today, which was a 6 hour drive. Tandem trailer is the only way to go. My dodge 1500 Rebel with a V6 pulled it up the grades at 70 mph with no problem. If guys are going to tow it any distance to get it on some water then do yourself a favor and get the tandem trailer upgrade. Totally worth the $.

20. Member
    I would totally agree about the tandem trailer. I just drove mine home from Phoenix today, which was a 6 hour drive. Tandem trailer is the only way to go. My dodge 1500 Rebel with a V6 pulled it up the grades at 70 mph with no problem. If guys are going to tow it any distance to get it on some water then do yourself a favor and get the tandem trailer upgrade. Totally worth the $.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast