Fury 4 blade throwing blades

Hey guys, I have a Triton 21 Patriot. In May of this year I started running a Mercury Fury 25p 4 blade which was, what I thought to be, an excellent purchase. The hole shot and handling was great with this prop. I had the prop on the boat about a month before it threw a blade. So I went to a Mercury Certified dealer and completed a claim and I'm assuming they returned the prop. I then received a replacement prop. So today, I decided to install the the new prop and go fishing today. I ran the boat on plane for about two miles when it threw another blade. Is this a problem with the manufacturing of this prop? Is this normal for the four blade props? Are there other four blade props that doesn't throw blades? The money and time I have in just getting this prop replaced seems to make running this prop not worth the trouble.

2. Member
    agree exactly why I don't like um, get the right TEMPEST OR FURY, and roll on
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

I would have the runout on the prop shaft checked before I put another prop on it.
    My old tempest and esp. my reworked Furys 3 will outperform almost any four blade including Bravos. Unless you can beat a two second hole shot, don't even try to tell they are better out of the hole either
    I agree with Joe
    Last edited by lpugh; 09-24-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    Threw a blade on my 3 blade fury earlier this year

5. Member
    ever repaired ???? seen some of them too but not near as many as the 4 blades lately
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    I would have the runout on the prop shaft checked before I put another prop on it.
    My old tempest and esp. my reworked Furys 3 will outperform almost any four blade including Bravos. Unless you can beat a two second hole shot, don't even try to tell they are better out of the hole either
    I agree with Joe
    I will tell you I have tried the 25 tempest, 25 fury, 26 fury and yes it gets out of the hole about 4 seconds faster than any those. I also get better bow lift.

Well I will tell you I can get damn near any bass boat with 200 up on the pad with a Fury 3 blade on the pad in less than four seconds, hell my 225 with heavy load, 300 lbs passenger and full lives well Is less than that and it a couple of MPH faster than a Bravo, granted they do have to have Ronnie Gilberts touch in order to do this though and I am a little over propped at 5650 rpm
    Last edited by lpugh; 10-01-2018 at 10:45 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh