This is getting annoying

I have been trying, without success, to gather ANY information on my 1992 HydraSports VS150.
    I have basically winged it and managed to get the boat in pretty damn good shape.
    However, I've hit a wall.
    I'm a pretty new boater and this is my first season.
    I honestly have no idea how to operate the live wells on this thing.
    I'm also sure that the pump and aerator need replacing.
    When I bought the boat, for a very sweet price, the previous owner told me that he didn't use the live wells and that he'd disconnected them.
    Fine all well and good but I'd really like to use them and I neither have any diagrams for how they're supposed to be hooked up nor any idea how to operate them when I do get them hooked up.
    Literally ANY help with the wells would be immensely appreciated.
    TIA

2. Member
    I have a 89 and on mine its a fairly simple set up. Mine uses valves(mounted by bilged drain) that are cable operated by pull levers mounted near engine. They fill via gravity pressure from bottom up. Over flow vents out top strght back overboard. Aerator is 12v a only plumbed to aft livewell. Hope this helps.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatchmo5710 View Post
    I have a 89 and on mine its a fairly simple set up. Mine uses valves(mounted by bilged drain) that are cable operated by pull levers mounted near engine. They fill via gravity pressure from bottom up. Over flow vents out top strght back overboard. Aerator is 12v a only plumbed to aft livewell. Hope this helps.
    Yes, it definitely helps! Sounds exactly like my setup.
    So, you move the cabled levers to open and close the valves.
    Aerator is used to just recirc the water?
    Thanks so much for your post

4. Member
    my 90mod.uses flowrite reversing check valves,with a push/pull cable operating system.For normal operations,handle pulled keeps livewells dry,pushing handles in fills livewells and allows for aeration,,,,Even while boat is on the trailer.Push handles in to drain

5. Member
    That's correct. Their are a few places online that have newer style valves should you want to replace yours. They can get sticky over time. Pretty cheap too. The aerator moves water/air from near bildge drain plumbed to top of aft livewell and then surplus water drains out top vent/drain.

6. Member
    That's correct. Their are a few places online that have newer style valves should you want to replace yours. They can get sticky over time. Pretty cheap too. The aerator moves water/air from near bildge drain plumbed to top of aft livewell and then surplus water drains out top vent/drain.
    Would you happen to have any names of places to get the valves?
    As you said, mine got pretty sticky

7. Member
    search flowrite livewell control valves,,order by color of valve lever