26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bearing buddy

4 15.38%
  • Oil bath

5 19.23%
  • Vortex sealed bearing

17 65.38%

Trailer Hub Replacement

I have a 2006 Nitro CDC 911 with a dual axle trailer. I have oil bath for my brake axle and a sealed Vortex for my front axle (only 3.5 years). I have a Vortex that is leaking some grease and I need to decide what I put on for both axles. Would you choose bearing buddy, oil bath or a sealed hub like Vortex ?

2. Member
    thank you for the initial votes

3. Member
    I would go all vortex. I went from oil to vortex 6 years ago, had one vortex sling grease pretty bad from one hub last year so I replaced it with another vortex. My point is even though the inner seal failed it did not leave me stranded along some highway. All hubs (oil or grease) will eventually fail. An oil hub failure on the road will most likely leave you stranded.

4. Member
    Any input for the other votes?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    I would go all vortex. I went from oil to vortex 6 years ago, had one vortex sling grease pretty bad from one hub last year so I replaced it with another vortex. My point is even though the inner seal failed it did not leave me stranded along some highway. All hubs (oil or grease) will eventually fail. An oil hub failure on the road will most likely leave you stranded.
    X-2 Vortex hubs. 2-4K on my single axle annually. Break them down every winter inspect and reinstall. If you see grease on a rim they will still get you home. Like above nothing is bullet proof. Vortex hubs probably the most reliable. IMO

6. Member
    maybe I will be going full vortex then

thanks for the input